Does this sound like a good deal?

tuscanyD

Visit site
As you may recall I'm selling my 2002 richardson Supreme Rosette trailer to fund a career change. I'm hoping for a possible part exchange with an older trailer so I'm not left trailerless.

I've hd lots of enquiries but one lady has a Rice beaufort she says is 15 years old - in full working order - new floor last year.

I'm asking £2300 for my trailer - she said she wanted £1200 for hers [a bit ambitious I thought - but hey! Pot/kettle etc].

I said i could do a deal if she gives me her trailer and £1500 cash.

Sound fair? Am I ripping her off? She ripping me off?

Is a 15 year old Rice Beaufort worth £800???

Would very much appreciate your wisdom and advice and anything else you want to offer.

Alibear

Visit site
IF it really is in good nick then yes I 'd say fair trade but I just wonder why she's upgrading it if it's so good?

It could be very heavy or it could have the old fashioned pin hitch thing which you have to change if you need to reverse?

Would definitely want to see if first and I'd also want to know the floor had been replaced at some point?

Patches

Visit site
I always wanted a newer Richardson trailer. They have the word Richardson embossed on a panel at the side on the roof don't they?

Richardson is my surname....almost a personal trailer! LOL

I'm not sure what either trailer is worth but I have an Ifor Williams that's about the same age as the persons old trailer and I'd be able to sell mine for about £1100 locally.

CSYMolly

community.webshots.com
Yeah check it isn't very heavy first. I had one before I got the fautras, it was huge, lovely and spacious but boy was it heavy, also the springs had gone in the ramp and there was no way I could lift it on my own. Depending on the condition £800 sounds about right, I think that is what I sold mine for. Good luck with the funding of your career change I have my fingers crossed for you.

tuscanyD

Visit site
Floor replaced last year she said - she has ponies and wants a lighter trailer. I'm not bothered as my vehicle can tow a heavier trailer easy enough.
Its a front unload too which I thought I might struggle getting on my limited budget! -

the beauforts seem to be around the £800-£1000 on ebay

stupidly I told her i need to come out of the deal with a min of £1500 cash and a trailer - so may have shot myself in the foot when it comes to bargaining.

feel I ought to haggle and try and get £1700 - but i seem to feel that I'm permanently being ripped off by everyone these days - I probably need tablets.

Flossie06

Visit site
I would say its probably a fair trade off - with the new floor £800 sounds about right but I would want to check the floor first just to be sure. otherwise really good trailers that go on forever!