Does this sound odd to you?

Irishcobs

Visit site
OK we have 3 mares, P,Q and G, at work and at the same time (near enough) P and G were AI'd (different stallions) and Q was natural covered. NONE of them took. So the second time G was AI again but different stallion, P and Q were natural covered by the same stallion, which was the stallion Q was covered by to start with. All of them have taken.
Now the mares are related, P is the mother of Q and G (shes 20) and Q and G and full sisters aged 6 and 8.
Surely not all of them would not take and then would. TBH I don't trust the vet, (vet owns the natural covering stallion and works at the stud that collected the AI for the others) and I reckon she was getting more money out of them but they have had to same vet for years so don't question her. The mares went to her place to be covered/AI'd and we just picked then up when we got a call to say to, so anything could of happened.
Am I just being paranoid?

Irishcobs

Visit site
I'm not sure my boss does all the vet things so I don't no. She's been breeding for 30 odd years so I would guess she has, if not what a waste of money.