Does your horse have colours?

horsegirl

Visit site
I mean for rugs, bandages, numnahs etc? Or do you just buy whatever is available who cares what colour they are or whether they match?

We have Purple/lilac and everything (buckets to browbands to rugs to saddle cloths) are these colours. Is it just the excitement of having a horse again (6 months tomorrow!)?

RachelB

Visit site
My chestnut Welsh mare had navy and green, but generally I just bought anything that suited her! My grey ID now has navy, purple and pink, purple being her main colour. But again, I buy whatever I can afford - it was too expensive to get a Thermatex in custom colours so she has a navy and red one. If I was a millionaire I'd probably buy everything in those colours though!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Not really... although I'm tempted to go with pink.... I think SN might never forgive me if I did though!!
grin.gif

SSM

Visit site
No nothing matches!!!!!!!!! Too much like hard work to match everything - and being a bargain basement girl I can't be too fussy!!!!!!!!

PS Donkey just looks hot in any colour
grin.gif

miamibear

Visit site
Im trying to make Reds black but not having an overhaul, just replacing things when they need replacing.

Rugs come in whichever colour though, i would buy them for the fit rather than the colour

xx

Ginn

Visit site
We have accumalated a lot of pink and purple over the past so those colours do seem to dominate but tbh I buy something for its purpose/quality etc not its colour so if its green etc it really doesn't matter!

Evil_Cookie

Visit site
Everything black... classical... with accent colours on headcollers tail bandages etc...one for each horse... Ie.. Ruby has hot pink as her colour... the new mare is baby blue... though when it comes to TO rugs I don't bother... just get whatever they'll only be brown anyway...

Seems silly doesn't it, lol

EC

horsegirl

Visit site
It's crazy, I "couldn't" buy a new fleece cooler as I couldn't find a bargain priced one in purple/lilac. Just ordered one from equestrian clearance though - in lilac

Sorry to say we even have purple hoof oil (doesn't show as his hooves are all black) and lilac glitter spray - but of course those belong to my daughter!

anniedoherty

www.boxtreegallery.co.uk
So glad it's not just me that has to buy everything in purple whenever possible! I sometimes wonder if it's ok with him being a gelding but I tell everyone it's Royal Purple and fit for kings!! Purple and lilac are just such lovely colours aren't they?

Gingernags

Visit site
I tried to have everything matching but have given up - other than all stable buckets are green. Everything for the trailer is blue.

And lately have changed Asti's travelling colours - rugs etc - to PINK! Just need fleece bandages to complete the set... hee hee!

XC colours are nag rags navy/bottle/gold so have jumper and silk and a JW velvet saddle pad in bottle bound gold and bottle coloured brushing boots.

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
I don't worry that much, but my daughter has to have everything in Purple and/or Pink. Which makes me thankful that horses dont see colours the same way, as poor Bailey would be going around with a limp fetlock!

pottamus

Visit site
All his rugs are just whatever style that Weatherbeeta ones came in...so one of his stable rugs is a bit on the pink side!!!! But I have black tack, saddle and numnahs (wherever possible) on him...he is black too so he eye does not detract from his handsomeness!!!!

Farm Kat

Visit site
Not with as many as I have!

All boots and bandages are black, I have the odd set of red or blue from when I just had the 2, numnahs/saddle cloths tend to be burgundy, navy or black, I have a few other colours that were bargins. All tack is either black or brown, I'm bad though, I have lots of saddles, and sometimes the bridle and saddle don't match, but hey, they fit, so who cares.

S_N

Visit site
I try to have everything in black leather and all other materials blue (Navy, cobalt, azure, sky etc....) Though I do have a few green things (Rambo rug + hood & waffle rug). I tend to wear a lot of blue, I just lean towards the colour - BLUE RULES!!!!!

Vicki1986

Visit site
in general the majority of things are purple or lilac or brown. im very OCD when it comes to colour coordination, but then i hate it when i see something i want that doesnt match my colour scheme!! i'm way too anal when it comes to colours i need to get a life!!! xx

MagicMelon

Visit site
Nope. I think I tried this when I was very young with my first pony but it got too complicated once I got more horses!! They all tend to share a lot of things so I just get whatever colour I want at the time. Only 'colours' I have are for XC.

helenandshadow

Visit site
Not really, i tried to but gave up, although most of her stuff is purple or blue. I don't use anything colour co-ordinated in competion except xc colours - she travels in a purple fleece and green travel boots!!
blush.gif