Does your horse "work" to earn you/them money?

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
Just something that piqued my interest after looking at catalogues etc.

Does your horse "earn a wage" :D for example, through competition, modelling products for companies etc? Or something a little outside the box that I haven't thought of!

How did you get your horse involved in their work? Are they paid in cash or products they are involved in?

I'm just being nosey! :D

Nicnac

Visit site
My friesian was used in photographs for Lloyds internal training documentation. A lady lives near me who supplies animals for films/advertising. She saw my mare in the field and popped in.

It was hard work for all concerned but earned 1000 a day :D

Said woman then bought her own Friesian :(

lcharles

Visit site
Won £2800 showjumping the other week and will win money throughout the year but it all goes back into his upkeep x

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
No, but I threaten in jest to send her out to work often enough!

HA HA! I threaten Bailey with the street corner often enough...

My friesian was used in photographs for Lloyds internal training documentation. A lady lives near me who supplies animals for films/advertising. She saw my mare in the field and popped in.

It was hard work for all concerned but earned 1000 a day :D

Said woman then bought her own Friesian :(

Wow! That's amazing! I imagine she saw the $$££ signs when you were being paid and could make the money back very quickly if she bought her own! Fair play.

I note you have committed a cardinal sin though, and not provided a picture of your Friesian to show off the model credentials :D

Kat

Visit site
No. Wish she would!

The worst of it is DH does occasionally need an equine model and last time he had to borrow a pony as madam doesn't do posing for the camera. She normally tries to eat the camera or lick the lense :rolleyes:

Enfys

Visit site
He has fun making babies! Sometimes he gets paid in cash sometimes not. Last season he was paid in fence posts and hay!

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
No, but I'd love for Bentley to be a model! Not bothered about making money off it but I just want to show him off as he's so handsome (in my very biased eyes!! :D)

LOL!

I don't know whether B would make a good model or not. With his colouring I think people will either love him or hate him. He loves being photographed though so we could play "annoy the photographer." Seriously, he only has to hear the click and he's locked on to the camera. I'm sure he thinks they are a treat dispenser.

Polos Mum

Visit site
Year and years ago a lovely old grey of mine was used in a bollywood film, he was 100% schoolmaster and the YO of the livery yard I was on recommended him to a friend who was looking. He was painted with handprints and eye shapes and had a 3 second shot of him being ridden by a man playing a gittar type thing!
They gave me £50 - which I was please with at the time - but the paint did take 3/4 days to come off so I had some odd rides for a few days!

Spring Feather

Visit site
I have a few who are just here because I like them and they're my personal riding horses. Some of these ones win money at competitions which is negligible in the grand scheme of things. The rest all earn their keep by producing youngstock for the sales market.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Mine is fairly consistent (or was!) at prize money BS, but only enough to cover chips and/or diesel - still, it was appreciated! :D

Our blue cross rescue donkey did a few shoots for a lady nearby who does some filming and location work, he was in a holiday brochure for mexico, and on a company christmas card. I did some 'modelling' once for harry hall I think sat on some bay horse - can't remember how much it was, but not much!

MrsHutt

Visit site
Not very unusual or exciting, but H earns YO probably at least twice my livery bill each month on the school! He is used by others pretty much every day (sometimes 2 or 3 times) for lessons and hacks (and by me, of course!). But the other day I did a rough estimate of what he earns her and was a bit amazed!

FinalFurlong

Visit site
There are pictures in picture gallery i think of someones (cant remember who's) cobs being used in a fashion shoot, they looked better than the airbrushed models! not sure if they got paid though you'll have to ask whoever it was

lucindakay

Visit site
on the holiday yard(when Roo isn't at school with me) he is at working livery, but i am very very particular about who rides him and thankfully they only let regulars and people i know ride him. i get the best of both worlds my horse is kept fit, and his livery is paid :)
though i have to be careful as it only takes one rider to set us back to square one.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
CorteacutezBoynesmall_zps97716b58.jpg
Like this...........

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Not very unusual or exciting, but H earns YO probably at least twice my livery bill each month on the school! He is used by others pretty much every day (sometimes 2 or 3 times) for lessons and hacks (and by me, of course!). But the other day I did a rough estimate of what he earns her and was a bit amazed!

So do you get a cut of his earnings or do they knock something off your livery bill ?

La Fiaba

hosteldog.blogspot.com