Does your livery...

rcm_73

Visit site
Does your livery charge less for three or more horses? I have heard that some places will and as we already have two and are thinking of getting a third for the youngest daughter I was wondering if anyone on here gets a third or subsequent horse at a reduced rate and if so, by how much? Our yo is relatively new to the job and I need some examples please to convince him with!!
grin.gif

Nailed

Visit site
Isnt that a bit conning.. lol

No.. never heard of livery being dropped for multiple horses.. because at the end of the day he could rent your boxes out for more.

Lou x

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
I don't give discount for more horses as to be honest I could rent each stable out to an individual so it is of no benefit to me as a YO. Also I am reluctant to have liveries with more than 2/3 horses as I find they have a tendency to become more demanding as they feel they are 'owed' more as they are paying more.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Good luck
grin.gif

Three. And no reduction. And our 'clout' had no clout when we didn't really want to leave, but the facilities (or rather lack of them) made us go - did give him the option. Hey ho.

CrazyMare

Visit site
A friend had three on one yard, and was given a reduction but she was always made to feel like she owe the YO something as she had given her a reduction and it made her life very uncomfortable.

TequilaMist

Visit site
Up until present yard have always had a discount for multiple horses.Present yard reasonable anyway so don't mind.Last yard got bout £10 off week cos had 3,2 stabled and 1 at grass.
You can but ask.

glenruby

Visit site
I had 2 oon livery (stabled in winter - but loose in the indoor at night if there were not enough stables, which was maybe approx 2 nights per month) and in return for jumping ponies for YO never paid for livery, but then, i know i had a very very good deal. Another lady had her kids 3 (and at times 4) ponies on grass livery. She only paid the price for 2. As for stabling, was usually about 20pounds less for 2nd horse.

Tia

Visit site
Yes I have offered multiple horse discount to owners with 2 or more horses for well over 15 years. It's fairly standard practice.
smile.gif

I also offer free places for foals under 6 months, who are still on their mothers. And ponies are charged less than horses.

Multiple horse discount is very individual at my farm, because it depends on how long they have been here, how many extra horses (over 2) they own etc.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
NOt at my yard and in general YOs prefer not to have multiple horse owners as they do seem to think they have more rights than anyone else, plus when/if they leave they suddenly have several boxes to fill.

measles

Visit site
Yes, we will happily give a discount for third or more horses and have had a livery with us for 16 years on that basis. I'm sure we can't be the only yard to do this (along with free feeding and hay put in am, free night check, free storage for up to 2 tonnes, free trailer storage etc etc!)!

Spyda

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, we will happily give a discount for third or more horses and have had a livery with us for 16 years on that basis. I'm sure we can't be the only yard to do this (along with free feeding and hay put in am, free night check, free storage for up to 2 tonnes, free trailer storage etc etc!)!

[/ QUOTE ]

Right! May I have your address please???! I'm moving next to where ever you are, PRONTO!!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

moodymare1987

Visit site
Well I did get offered if I had more than one I would get a discount, but I didnt want two horses as was totally outgrown the 14.2 so just sold her instead, but my yard did do it, not sure if it does anymore.

Hullabaloo

Visit site
We have one woman who gets a BOGOF. She said she was selling her kids pony as unsuitable and as she had found a replacement, could she keep them both until the pony was sold. Pony then has all sorts of unspecified health problems which mean can't be sold and hasn't long to live. 18 months later the pony is looking remarkably healthy and the arrangement is still in place!
We just rent the yard from the man who owns it and the person who deals with the money is too nice to say anything!

If they don't offer a discount on the 3rd pony you could try the same trick
laugh.gif

Spyda

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I know a YO who wont really allow people with more than 3 on her yard if possible, reasons being that if they get bahind with rent, it very quickly adds up!

[/ QUOTE ]

You know.... hate to say it (and I'm not a YO) but that does make sense.

MillionDollar

Visit site
Yes, we give 10% discount for the 2nd horse (only DIY) as I much prefer to have 1 owner for 2 horses and have a few £s less than have an extra person around......much easier. So I have 5 liveries here who have 2 horses.

Enfys

Visit site
My old yard in Wales didn't offer discounts, several of us had multiple horses, but really, for 26 pounds a MONTH you don't complain do you?

measles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right! May I have your address please???! I'm moving next to where ever you are, PRONTO!!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I look forward to you moving in then Spyda!!!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif