Dog and fox?

indie999

Visit site
Ok I have come across frothing at the mouth after my dog licks a toad. But today he caught a young fox and although he grabbed it around the neck for about 30 seconds he was really foamy and dribbling for a couple of minutes after.

I have never encountered this and wondered if there is something in fox fur etc to cause this.By the way he let go of the fox who got away.

I have tried googling but can find nothing.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Pop him to the vet?

My dog foams a lot if he has a ball or hessian tug/pillow in his mouth for a protracted period of time, just excitement.

indie999

Visit site
He is absolutely fine and the fox just lay there hissing at him. I got him to let go as I was more worried the fox was going to bite him in the face etc. He was very foamy. The only thing I could find was rabies but he is absolutely fine.

Thanks it was just like toad licking foam?

indie999

Visit site
Rabies:eek: I'm hoping not the fox and just scaremongering yourself by Google-ing:D

I have chickens so was quite pleased stupid dog spent about 10mins finding him despite the fact fox was about 1 metre away. I am not sure who was more scared! (Me I think)!! and then Rabies.......oh no...............Anyhow I hope I dont see Mr Foxy for a long time as he was only a baby. But I am sure HE WILL BE BACK!