Dog Attack Bedfordshire - Can you help?

Luci07

Visit site
I did comment and it made my blood go cold. I hope everyone focuses on the owner who made his dog behave like this and not excuse him by saying "oh its a staffie" its not the dog, its how it has been taught to behave. And I wish a total and speedy recovery for that poor little dog who was so badly attacked.

Just for the record, the dog that savaged my own stafford boy when he was only 4 months old was actually a black lab. My dog nearly lost his eye and the eye duct was permanently damaged.

jenie

Visit site
Shame for the poor dog ( staffy) yet another beautiful dog gets destroyed because of some absolute idiot !! Staffys are one of the most loving loyal breeds out there ,just such a shame they end up in the wrong hands . People who treat any animal in this was should be destroyed themselves .

Sue C

Visit site
Shame for the poor dog ( staffy) yet another beautiful dog gets destroyed because of some absolute idiot !! Staffys are one of the most loving loyal breeds out there ,just such a shame they end up in the wrong hands . People who treat any animal in this was should be destroyed themselves .

So true, when will they make the owners responsible

Elsiecat

Visit site
I found it really patronising. It changes nothing. Staff owner still responsible.

How do you know though that the Staffie didn't come over and it was the Cav that instigated the fight?
The man offered to pay towards the vet bills, hardly makes him a bad person! Personally I think its appalling the Cavs owner stopped to take pictures. If it was a much bigger and stronger dog who obviously had the upper hand I'd have kicked until it let go!

Mongoose11

Visit site
Ahhhh so you were there too :) how do you know he offered to pay? How do you know it slipped its lead? The pictures tell more of the story than the words this guy has written in his defense. There were two men prising the dogs apart while she was taking pictures, the owner was forced to stand and have his picture taken, he gave false details..... Doesn't sound like he was doing the right thing here does it. I wasn't there either but I know where the 'typicality' lies here and it isn't with the owner of the King Charles....

Mongoose11

Visit site
Oh, that and the witnesses who report the dog being off lead for its walk when seen for some minutes before the attack and then the first hand witnesses who reported that the staff attacked and was unprovoked...

Elsiecat

Visit site
Ahhhh so you were there too :) how do you know he offered to pay? How do you know it slipped its lead? The pictures tell more of the story than the words this guy has written in his defense. There were two men prising the dogs apart while she was taking pictures, the owner was forced to stand and have his picture taken, he gave false details..... Doesn't sound like he was doing the right thing here does it. I wasn't there either but I know where the 'typicality' lies here and it isn't with the owner of the King Charles....

No but I wasn't the one judging first!
I'm laying the blame with no one, its you who has decided who's responsible! From that I can only presume you were there :)

Elsiecat

Visit site
Oh, that and the witnesses who report the dog being off lead for its walk when seen for some minutes before the attack and then the first hand witnesses who reported that the staff attacked and was unprovoked...

It was an accident c'mon! Dogs fight! It happens!
Terrible, yes! But if we are to believe the guys version of events that he offered to pay (just as credible as the other side if we bare in mind none of us where there!) then that really is the end of it.
I feel bad for everyone involved but more-so the dog thats been PTS! :(

ETA: I would never condone letting a dog that is known to fight off a lead but again, if we are to believe people then that was also an accident!

Mongoose11

Visit site
No, no that's why I said 'I wasn't their either' but it was very close to where I live so witnesses have been interviewed and reported quite extensively in the local rag (not that this makes it truth) but the facebook guy quoted earlier isn't a witness here and so I would err on the side of a report from those who were, naturally!?

{97702}

Visit site
Patronising :confused: The photos I have seen (4 of them which were doing the rounds on FB) do not show 2 guys prising the two dogs apart, nor do they show that the owner was made to stand and have his photo taken. I am quite willing to accept that this view is just as biased as the original one, but I am quite sure that neither is telling the whole truth of the matter.

Incidentally it was a cavalier that got attacked

Mongoose11

Visit site
The owner of the Cav has a much larger report of the pics on her facebook. It isn't pretty and much, much more telling than the ones circulated for general viewing.

Elsiecat

Visit site
No, no that's why I said 'I wasn't their either' but it was very close to where I live so witnesses have been interviewed and reported quite extensively in the local rag (not that this makes it truth) but the facebook guy quoted earlier isn't a witness here and so I would err on the side of a report from those who were, naturally!?

Touché.

At the end of the day, the Staffie has been PTS and that is heartbreaking. I still find it very sad the owner of the Cav even had time to take pictures. If a bigger dog or one of my bigger dogs was fighting with one of my Cavs there wouldn't be a second I wasn't kicking them off!

Mongoose11

Visit site
The picture where the owner is being photographed against his will shows two burly guys holding him so that they could get evidence. Not so willing to cooperate it would seem.

{97702}

Visit site
The owner of the Cav has a much larger report of the pics on her facebook. It isn't pretty and much, much more telling than the ones circulated for general viewing.

So why on earth didnt she circulate those pictures instead of the chosen ones? All seems very odd to me

Mongoose11

Visit site
Erm she has, which is how I have seen them. She can't be responsible for what part of it or the total photos the next person chooses to share can she.... Find an original and find her profile. She has an unusual name ... Mafalde or Mafalda I think. I think she has the album open on her facebook although there was talk that it might be removed due to legal proceedings.

{97702}

Visit site
Well I guess the police have told her to remove the pictures - there are a few more than the ones circulated on there, but nothing like you have described (e.g. no photo of men 'holding' the dog owner)

Mongoose11

Visit site
PN forgive me but I hardly think the awful internet racism started prior to or at the very second that he was asked to have his picture taken wouldn't you agree? He was reluctant and tried to get away in the moment, the posts and racism were later so I am not sure the two can be connected?

LittleMonster

Visit site
im sorry but if i dog is known to be like that, like one family do near me, if they don't interact well they walk them at night/around the back roads.

I have only seen them twice but thats his routine and hats off to them for making their life style work. which in this case the owner should have done too (for example not taking the dog into areas known for walking dogs, but saying this i dont know if the area where is happened)

YasandCrystal

Visit site
There are 2 sides to every story and one account states that the staffy slipped it's choke chain. the outcome is sad alround. The owners of both dogs were likely in shock.
I have an anti social Patterdale. I do avoid public places now where we may meet other dogs, simply because other people can be extremely unhelpful. I used to walk him in a park where I believed we were safe as dogs must be kept on leads on account of children playing and a duck pond etc. However on one such walk another young dog off lead started approaching mine - I shouted to owner to call their dog - they didn't - it continued to bounce about under my dog's nose and he bit and held it. I got hurled abuse by ignorant passers by accusing me of having an 'out of control' dog and lots of verbal abuse as though my dog had attacked a child or the dog unprovoked. I was furious and flabberghasted - my dog was restrained as any in that park should have been.
Now had these stupid joggers relayed their account of events......

Kajagoogoo

New User
Visit site
I have had my little cavelier king Charles dog for nine years and I have to disagree with whoever said they were yappy they are NOT also they are not a breed of dog who is known for provoking other dogs they are far too gentle and well mannered. It's the owners fault that dog should have been harnessed same with all dogs of certain breeds they are not safe hence the young girl who was killed by four dogs today, should be stricter rules for owning a dog it's far too easy!!!