Dog DNA testing for breed...

freckles22uk

www.foxykeepsakes.co.uk
Has anyone had this done? I recently homed a rescue puppy, she was found wandered the streets so parents are totally unknown and we are guessing her age (3 months) a guy in the petshop asked if she was dachshund x... also suggestions are poodle x ... lab x so I would love to try to find out, she loves to rag her toys, so I was thinking terrier x.. and shes very quick to learn, and follows me everywhere..

Ive read a few reviews on Amazon, for the Wisdom panel test, but would like to hear from anyone that has had it done..

here are a few photos, shes 11" high at the moment and weighs 14lb, soft fur which is scruffy..and about 3 months old, and found here in Spain... so suggestions of breeds welcome :D oh and shes called Honey, and is a real sweetie

7a2a0d4b-d42a-48f9-b0ab-4d53dc1326a8_zps628854c5.jpg

IMG_0001_zps593e89e5.jpg

IMG_0009_zpsef3b84d5.jpg

other dog is my spanish mastiff

IMG_0041_zps01493243.jpg

satinbaze

Visit site
The only person I know who had DNA done results were totally wrong. She knew 100% her crossbreeds parentage but DNA said terrier and spaniel but dog was really collie x golden retriever.
Personally I wouldn't waste my money just enjoy your fog for who she is. You could always call her something like an "Indian frugal hound"!!!!

s4sugar

Visit site
The Welcome tests are a scam. They come up , as above, with wrong breeding for known crosses and some purebreds that have been tested. Not even common ancestry in some cases.

Terrier cross is as good a description as any. Very cute.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
As others, don't think the tests are much cop. My own dog is DNA registered to a database, but to prove he is the dog his pedigree says he is, IE he is genetically linked to his sire and dam.

She looks like a little teddybear!

satinbaze

Visit site
Just come back from dog club where someone has had DNA testing on their 2 crossbreeds. The younger dog who is a medium fox red bitch with a short lab type coat and looks very lab x terrier,whose results have come back as pincher x chinnock x Lhasa!!!!!
The older dog is a medium long haired black bitch that looks v collie cross. Her results have come as Maltese x Australian cattle dog!!!!!
We were therefore discussing what the results would be if you submitted a pure bred ancient sight hound such as a saluki. Any guesses?

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
At a guess, I'd say Border Terrier crossed with something like a Norfolk or Norwich or a Cairn. Her tail is almost a typical Border tail, carrot shaped and has a slight ring around it halfway (unless the camera lies!) and in the second pic, those eyes are very terrier like. The coat looks a bit softer than a normal Border coat but also that it's possibly a double coat (wiry on top, downy underneath) so it'll be interesting to see if you need to either strip it or clip it when it's a bit older.

Incredibly cute, will be great to see her grow up.

freckles22uk

www.foxykeepsakes.co.uk
thanks folks :D ... yes her coat does seem double, and is getting fluffier... I was wondering dachshund as she does seem to have a longish body, and I also thought border.. lots of little breeds here, the same as the ones in the UK .. .I dont think podenco, seen lots of them, and cant see it in her, she must have something intelligent in her and shes learning very fast... but yes probably heinz :D

and she really is a sweetie,

friend rescued a bitch and a dog... and she had pups... bitch looks like a smooth Chihuahua and the dog looked like a small staff.... the pups grew up looking like spaniels, taller than both parents and fluffy eared... lol,

this is Honey yesterday... long and fluffy..

IMG_0099_zps2332dc78.jpg