Dog drying coats and coats for keeping dry!

rara007

Visit site
I've got the buying disease :p I just love dog shopping now the ponies have everything. So I want a jacket to put on Trev in the mornings while he drys off- he gets walked first thing then goes into his crate to dry off as despite being short haired (for a spaniel) he gets pretty damp- family then let him out once dry. I also take him swimming every few weeks as it's his top choice activity and he's started to get pretty shivery on the way home.

On a similar note have you come across any jackets that help keep them dry (for walking rather than swimming!) which on days it's not raining might negate the need for a drying jacket?

Some pictures of the wee man. Yes he is a 'proper' dog and yes he has survived this far without jackets (kennelled all previous winters!) but I still want to spoil him, he's a pet now :p

18767854_10158655526730648_1466754797153907492_n.jpg

22491886_10159348106050648_1168705196843289355_n.jpg

Roxylola

Visit site
Mine get far too hot if they have anything on for any sort of off lead activity even in rain or snow (even the beagle who really is short haired). My spaniel has been known to break ice to swim! I have a sort of neoprene 3 peaks coat that is nice and warm I often pop on after swimming to help her keep warm as we walk home. Generally she is then as dry or drier than she would be if I towelled her off. B and M sell something similar but much cheaper though
The best wicking one I have had is equafleece, but they are a bit expensive, generally anything fleecy helps drying when we get home. T K Maxx always have some really smart dog stuff in and B and M is worth a look.
The advantage of shopping for dogs is that a top of the range dog coat is about £20 so I can buy lots :D

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
thermatex-I tend to not use the coats on these two but I do have several of the dog mats which are brilliant-dogs don't mind lying on them when wet, they wash and wear really well-my oldest is 12 years old and looks great apart from one nibble.

Roxylola

Visit site
I have heard much good about thermatex too! Btw, he looks a lot like mine little stocky thing with not much hair. I feel very blessed by the lack of hair!

3Beasties

Visit site
Equafleece jumpers are great. My spaniel feels the cold when wet so wears it to dry off/keep warm.
On reallyyyyy cold days she's also done agilty in one.
They are supposed to be waterproof too but I've never really tested mine that much.

You can buy waterproof doggy onesies too but I've never tried one.

RunToEarth

Visit site
I have a thermatex bag for in the car after shooting but to be honest I don't think either of mine like them and the concept of putting them in bags does sit a bit uneasy with me.

I have ruff and tumble dog drying coats and I think they're fantastic. I haven't got one for pup yet as I'm not sure how big she will end up but Fury loves hers:
fQv88MQ.jpg

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
I like the Equifleece, does the job on a coated breed and the company was very helpful at point of purchase. Plus it makes him look like the Milk Tray Man.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I have a thermatex bag for in the car after shooting but to be honest I don't think either of mine like them and the concept of putting them in bags does sit a bit uneasy with me.

I have ruff and tumble dog drying coats and I think they're fantastic. I haven't got one for pup yet as I'm not sure how big she will end up but Fury loves hers:
fQv88MQ.jpg

i shouldnt have read this!! i have just ordered one for my terrier as they have some a bit cheaper and i cant resist a bargain...

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Ruff and tumble drying coats are fantastic. I use a Thermatex for those wet days - but Daisy is a small dog trimmed short, so benefits from being kept dry.

tda

Visit site
Was having a shopping day at hoys and bought a Doggy Bag for the old border collie who likes to paddle

I was a bit sceptical but it works great in about 10 to 15 mins, now she has learnt she has to stay down ��

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i shouldnt have read this!! i have just ordered one for my terrier as they have some a bit cheaper and i cant resist a bargain...

how about this for service. the drying coat arrived this morning!!!!!!!! it fits my little terrier very well. amazing service and hope the coat performs as well.....