Dog insurance?

JaneyB

Visit site
Got the mules, transport etc with NFU, are they good for dogs too?

Got a border collie pup coming at end of October and i'm sussing out dog insurance now.

Recommendations please

SSM

Visit site
More Than - cannot recommend them highly enough and Bumble Dog must be their biggest liability
tongue.gif

HBII

Visit site
Tesco have paid out to the tune of over £600 with my greyhound and have never had to chase them for payment once - very satisfied with the service they provide.

Tempi

Visit site
Polly is with E&L but i think im going to swap her to tescos soon, as its costing me quite a bit. Just swapped my car insurance to Tescos and it saved me loads!

SSM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Polly is with E&L but i think im going to swap her to tescos soon, as its costing me quite a bit. Just swapped my car insurance to Tescos and it saved me loads!

[/ QUOTE ]

Get swapped quick - those are dreaded words!!!!

Nelliebelly

Visit site
Mine are with More Than. I pay about £8 a month for a Jack Russell. They cover vets fees up to £7000 per illness. I think you get a better price if you apply online

SSM

Visit site
Think we have almost hit the £7,000 mark for this year
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
they have paid up every time and only raised the premiums slightly - as I said Bumble Dog is their biggest liability - but our best asset
grin.gif
grin.gif

SouthWestWhippet

Visit site
got my pup with Tesco as she is young and hardy and Tesco is pretty cheap

Older dog is with Petplan lifetime - THANK GOD as she has an MRI tomorrow which will cost about £800 plus she was X-rayed this morning and then heaven knows what other treatment she'll need. Plus likely to be ongoing for her life now if she has damaged a disc... all covered and I have every faith petplan will pay out without a murmer. Love them.

madmav

Visit site
E&L are v slow to pay up (talking many months and lots of chasing up). Don't think it's malicious on their part, just slow. Friends have raved about Tesco insurance

steadyteddy

Visit site
Petplan are absolutely fantastic. They've paid out thousands for my accident prone dogs! Plus vets always look so relieved when you tell them who you are insured with! I think they have higher premiums than the rest but since they pay out without questions, they are worth it!