Dog not eating

Dopeydapple

Visit site
Last night my boy didn't eat his tea, he was a bit half hearted about his breakfast that day but did eat it, his tummy was making lots of gurgling noises and he was clearly not himself, he did eat his supper and today ate breakfast and had perked up again, but tonight he won't eat his tea again and hasn't been to the toilet since all this began. Is there anything anyone can suggest to get his guts moving again or should I be booking the vet? (he is out of sorts but not really bad to make me think its a vet job yet, don't know how long to leave it before it's a vet job though...)

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
Last night my boy didn't eat his tea, he was a bit half hearted about his breakfast that day but did eat it, his tummy was making lots of gurgling noises and he was clearly not himself, he did eat his supper and today ate breakfast and had perked up again, but tonight he won't eat his tea again and hasn't been to the toilet since all this began. Is there anything anyone can suggest to get his guts moving again or should I be booking the vet? (he is out of sorts but not really bad to make me think its a vet job yet, don't know how long to leave it before it's a vet job though...)

tbh (and I mean this nicely) if you don't know then you should go to the vets. It could be nothing, could be a blockage, could be any number of things.

wkiwi

Visit site
tbh (and I mean this nicely) if you don't know then you should go to the vets. It could be nothing, could be a blockage, could be any number of things.

This ^^^^^
If it is a blockage then you don't want to wait until he becomes really ill before going to the vet as it can massively increase the risk of surgery (if it is needed) both from the point of view of the dog being anaesthetised while toxic and also because the blood supply to the gut may have been stopped for some time, meaning a major surgery.
Of course, it might be something very simple in which case you would get the reassurance a lot quicker and he could have treatment to make jim comfortable. I wouldn't self-medicate him in case it is a blockage :)

Dopeydapple

Visit site
Thanks, appointment is booked for later this afternoon, he's normally such a wimp about the tiniest things so it's odd that he's going from perking up to not interested and back again.