Dogs & Horse Poo...Yuck!

EmEm

New User
www.gorgeousgeegees.co.uk
This is probably in the wrong place, but Hey-Hoo!
Has any body else experienced the obssessive behaviour in their dog when it eats horse poo?
Took Foxy to a showing show at the weekend, to meet all the people, horses and other dogs, and she absolutley loved it! But this meant she also had her first taste of horse poo, and to start with, I was able to remove it from her mouth when she managed to get some, but then got quite obssessed with it, and really growled at me when I tried to take it from her. She is normally pretty good when I take toys off her, and I often give her, her food, then take it away, and pretend to eat it, to show her I'm "top dog" and she is perfectly happy with this.
A friend told me her very friendly dogs get obssessed with horse poo too!!!
WHY??!
confused.gif

Mandz

Visit site
my puppy does the same thing to - not nice but not a lot you can do about it I imagine.

I've given up trying to tell her no but at least when I do she drops it but then run's off to find another pile
frown.gif
frown.gif

Mandz
xx

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
[ QUOTE ]

A friend told me her very friendly dogs get obssessed with horse poo too!!!
WHY??!
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it tastes so goooooooood
tongue.gif

HeatherAda

Visit site
My dog loved it as a puppy ... and also took great pleasure in rolling in it. nice. He has since grown out of it and it was a phase that thankfully didn't last too long.
Perhaps yours will grow out of it too!

Ferdinase514

Visit site
They all seem to love it. Imagine it tastes quite sweet. I have to say i gave up trying to stop Baggie doing it, a few years ago. Disgusting but she's still alive and Bogging around!

Claireg9

Visit site
Woo Finn your siggy is massive!!!
Whilst i have no problem with that i know it annoys some people on here so you might want to think about making the piccys smaller?