Dogs in cars - when will people learn??? sorry not horsey

katie_southwest

Visit site
I was at a Local show today, lovely hot day, sat in the sunshine. It would of been a lovely day had it not been for the man parked behind who insisted on leaving his poor little dog in his car barking and yelping every 5 minutes. It was absoloutely boiling, and for that reason I left my little dog at home for a couple of hours in the house (quite happily snoozing
grin.gif
)
So many dogs there, one couple set up next to us, with their dog. They sat there eating sandwiches, drinking, and wandering off to watch whoever it was they were watching. Not once did they offer the dog a drink
confused.gif

Maybe its just me, maybe I spoil my little one, but I would not take it to a show if I was going to leave it in the car, it may aswell just be at home??
And If I had to take her, I would always have a drink available for her on such a hot day??
Is that so much to ask
crazy.gif

Oops turned into a bit of a rant
blush.gif
but it just really annoys me
mad.gif
grin.gif

D

Donkeymad

That is one thing that so annoys me. Dogs Die in Hot cars, and it seems people will not learn
mad.gif

Did you find an official to get this poor animal removed from the car?

CorvusCorax

'It's only a laugh, no harm done'
Visit site
Back when I was a kid, an acquainatance of ours left his shep in the car after a show to drink in the social club bar, celebrating his big win.
The beautiful, beautiful dog, who did so well for this man that day, suffocated. He had ripped all his front claws out trying to escape.

I would have asked for an announcement over the tannoy and have done so before, because I know what a horrible death Fant suffered.

brighthair

www.wannabeadressagediva.wordpress.com
I watched a programme (police one maybe?) and at a show, the police broke the car window, it was too late and the dog was dead. The girl that had reported it was in tears, and the owners came back and seemed very distressed but I can't understand. You know, if you get in a car on a sunny day, it is uncomfortable for you, why do people think a dog is ok? And leaving the windows open a bit doesn't make any difference

LEH89

Visit site
When I moved into my flat about this time last year, I watched out the window as the police were snooping around a car in the carpark behind the building.

So, I was thinking, could it be stolen, drugs in the car even? When they then proceeded to smash the window and pull out a little Jack Russel. They gave him a drink (which he seemed very thankfull for) and then put him in the police van and drove him off, the owners were nowhere to be seen.

One or two policeman stayed behind and about 10 mins later the owners came back to their car... cue screaming, shouting, swearing and even a punch thrown at the officer!!! The thing is, they were only upset about the car, not the dog!

Even to this day I don't understand why they bought their dog into town whilst they went shopping? Some people just don't think.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
people used to keep dogs in cars at the vet school all the time and it was tolerated as they are generally not allowed in offices. There are kennels/stables provided though there is often a wait list. They stopped the car thing after (I believe) one of the vets dogs died in the car. But I know of at least one vet that still does it.

If vets don't get it................................

claireelizabeth

Visit site
We had someone at our office who kept bringing their dog to work and leaving it in their car all day whatever the weather. He had a nice new car so he kept the dog in a cage in the back! The dog could just about stand up in it, it had no water or anything.

Someone spoke to him but he still brought it in the next day so we reported it in the end, he's stopped bringing it now but how stupid and just miserable for the poor dog!!!

katie_southwest

Visit site
Awful stories
frown.gif

Funnily enough as I went to find someone to tell (seeing as nobody else seemed to mind
confused.gif
) the man came back and let the dog out, thank goodness.
The windows were open so I suppose he thought that was ok, as people do, but I was sat in my car with both windows right down and was literally sweating
crazy.gif

skewby

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Back when I was a kid, an acquainatance of ours left his shep in the car after a show to drink in the social club bar, celebrating his big win.
The beautiful, beautiful dog, who did so well for this man that day, suffocated. He had ripped all his front claws out trying to escape.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is just horrendous. Poor, poor dog. I hope the man was very very sorry (and not just because he wouldn't be winning again)
frown.gif

CorvusCorax

'It's only a laugh, no harm done'
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is just horrendous. Poor, poor dog. I hope the man was very very sorry (and not just because he wouldn't be winning again)
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he showed again, he made a gradual exit, it was over 20 years ago but we all still remember it
frown.gif

The only good thing that came out of that was that a whole load of people resolved never to do the same as he did.