Dogs on Long lines.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I passed some people on a main A road. It’s quite a fast road, as A roads are I guess but it wasn’t passing through a built up area of anything. Limit was 60 and people were doing it (and more I imagine) lol
Some guy had a dog on a long line or extendable not sure which miles out ahead of him as he walked down the verge.
😳 it was that long that if the dog had gone sideways, it’s lead was long enough to have crossed both lanes of traffic 🤬
Made me feel a bit ill.
He wasn’t going far and by the time I’d passed and looked in my mirror he was turning off but ffs

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
There was a rather odd incident near us which ended up well.

Our then neighbours’ two terriers bogged off from their property while connected together by one of those double leads that connects the two dogs together.

Neighbours were out looking for them ‘only’ 15 minutes later. The dogs had vanished.

First I knew of this was when drunken neighbour later came round and ranted at my bemused then teenage son that I must picked the dogs up and handed them in to the police 🤷‍♀️. That was a random accusation, and in any case if I had, handing stray dogs in to the police wouldn’t be the worst thing to do.

It turned out that the two dogs were found by a passer by on the road hooked up by the lead to the hedge, and apparently abandoned. The Good Samaritan was Sir Ranulph Fiennes, and after checking for any sign of an owner he took them to the local vets, and the dog warden took them from there.

Neighbours had to pay ££££s to get them back. I never got a hint of an apology from them either.

Last edited: