D'oh! Dubarries bad, bad fit! :( Any similar boots??

Ginn

Visit site
As title says really - I tried some lovely dubarries on at bleheim today but they were HUGE around my calfs and were just not a good fit (especially to justify £220 on them!)

I tried some Ariats on and they felt loverly.....

But also wondered if anyone else did anything similar and if you have any views on them....

Weezy

Visit site
Mine are huge round my calf too
frown.gif

Gresemeres (Ariats with the lacing up the side - least I think that is their name) are lovely - Harry Hall have some funky ones too with a buckle at the top, otherwise Tuffas maybe???? Personally I love my Spanish boots, but they are WAY too expensive over here - shall take a pic of them tomorrow for you

Ginn

Visit site
Ohhh! Cool! Tried the gresemeres on today too and with the lacing they fitted perfectly and I could losen them with my jeans inside or tighten them for skirts/breeches etc. And they were very comfy! But as I had my heart set on some dubarry's I thought it would be best to look at some others before jumping at the ariat ones...

katelarge

Visit site
Oh bum! I had set my heart on Dubarrys but not if they are massive in the calf. Though I have good old thunderthighs I am actually quite slim in the lower leg so maybe I should check out the Ariats too. I was looking at a pair in a ad the other day and thinking that actually they look quite nice, the Dubarries are not the only nice boots out there. The Harry Hall ones seem quite spanish influenced, and there are always the much cheaper Joules boots - but as I'd said before they are not long in the leg, and will drop too short for riding.

Keep us posted!

Aleka81

Visit site
I have Ariat Grasmeres in brown and I LOVE THEM!
They are soo comfy and are great for so many different things. Riding, walking going to point to points. They are brill!

luckygirl

Visit site
Sorry, but a vote here for Tuffa boots. They have a sheepskin lining which is fab for the winter and are so comfortable I never want to take them off. I think they look stylish and loads of people have asked me where I got them !

Cheaper than Dubarries too.

Hope you find something you like.

BBs

Visit site
Love my dubarrys but i have huge legs
frown.gif

So with a pair of jeans on they are a perfect fit
smirk.gif

Now have two pairs - do like Ariats but the Dubarrys are class
smile.gif

spaniel

Visit site
Dubarrys come in two widths I think so you may have been trying the wider ones. they are more like a wellie than a riding boot though. I love mine.

Try the Dubarry website....might be a fraction cheaper on there as well....at £220 they have gone up since Christmas.