Donating old rosettes to the RDA

Llee94

Visit site
So today I put up a post on #twittereventing about what to do with my old rosettes. Some of the special ones I will frame and others I want a cushion made out of but I still had a big pile of rosettes and no idea what to do with them. A few people mentioned that I should send to the RDA.
This had never occurred to me before so I thought it was a wonderful idea to give my old rosettes that are sat in a box under my bed to someone who's day it will make to get one.
There are so many RDA places that are desperate for peoples old rosettes to give to their members, as I found out from everyone commenting for them.
So if like me you are wondering what to do with them please consider giving them away to your local branch of the RDA!
They have told me they don't mind shape, colour, condition or if they have childish handwriting on the backs like mine do. They are just happy for anything people are willing to give.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
One of the RDA requesters is actually a member on here ;), they are only a small outfit so makes a big different to them. They can recentre and reback them as required for a lot less than purchasing new and will be very appreciated by their riders.

It had good timing as only the other day was another friend saying she couldn't get anyone to take hers :p, so she only picked up red ones :p.

be positive

Visit site
One of the RDA requesters is actually a member on here ;), they are only a small outfit so makes a big different to them. They can recentre and reback them as required for a lot less than purchasing new and will be very appreciated by their riders.

It had good timing as only the other day was another friend saying she couldn't get anyone to take hers :p, so she only picked up red ones :p.

Can you pm the details if you know them, I have a stack that are doing nothing and it would be great if they could be put to good use.

Visit site

Could you pm me their details too please? I have hundreds of rosettes!

teapot

Visit site

Can you pm the details if you know them, I have a stack that are doing nothing and it would be great if they could be put to good use.

That would be me. Any donations will be much appreciated :smile3:

Preferably plain tails, as E says they start getting expensive to replace and that's why we've asked for donations. Rosettes are expensive at the best of times, let alone on a small charity group budget. Centres are much easier to work with.

Also do contact your local groups, and see if they do want them - some will be more desperate than others.

Last edited:

Tnavas

Visit site
Many Pony Clubs in NZ run recycled ribbon days, people donate their old ribbons and rosettes to us, we then run a gymkhana using the recycled ribbons. The kids love it, the ribbons can be just the run of the mill ribbons to Horse of the Year ribbons. Recycled ribbons help us to fundraiser for the coaches we need for our members.

Tnavas

Visit site

Why recent report or tail them, we use them 'as is' the kids love it when they get a ribbon that has come from an A & P show (County) or from HOY show, makes it all the more exciting, wondering what horse won it before and for what.

teapot

Visit site
Why recent report or tail them, we use them 'as is' the kids love it when they get a ribbon that has come from an A & P show (County) or from HOY show, makes it all the more exciting, wondering what horse won it before and for what.

It's a great idea but extra writing would confuse some of my riders!

Visit site
I will message my local RDA and if they dont need/want them I will pack them up and send them our way Teapot :) I have everything from plain 2 tiers to ridiculously fancy covered in feathers and trinkets and the likes lol!

teapot

Visit site
I will message my local RDA and if they dont need/want them I will pack them up and send them our way Teapot :) I have everything from plain 2 tiers to ridiculously fancy covered in feathers and trinkets and the likes lol!

Hopefully someone local will want them but drop me a message if not. We'll take anything :biggrin3:

Darkly_Dreaming_Dex

Visit site
Shameful bumping of an old thread but i have a huge heap of lovely rosettes & small trophies (keeper, nothing precious!) won by the mammoth that i would love to donate to a charity if anyone can suggest anywhere worthy that would like them? Happy to post :) Ive been googling but nothing recent comes up & the local RDA group are impossible to contact..

Darkly_Dreaming_Dex

Visit site
yes please, i did look at their website but couldnt find anything relevant!
All lovely rosettes in good condition, nothing written on the back & plain tails-if you PM an address/details then i'll post them up there :)

paddi22

Visit site
I have a bag of old rosettes to give away. If they are of use to any charities like the RDA could someone pm me the details if they get a chance and il send them on to them. thanks!