Don't even bother to walk the course Weston Lawns Fun Report :)

lisab

Visit site
Well I wasn't planning on going anywhere today. Had 4 beers last night and that is definitely not allowed the night before jumping but, as I can't see a stride half the time anyway even with no beer, I thought - sod it, I'll go! Had Teebag clipped this morning and he looked so lovely and shiny, I had to take him somewhere. I knew Weston Lawns unaff was on (pony BS in 1 ring, unaff in the other) so I thought I wouldn't bother ringing up to see what they were on but just turn up and do whatever.

Got there with dirty tack, shirt not ironed, boots not polished and expecting there to be hoards there as normal. But lorry park was pretty deserted....

Went down to see what the unaff ring was on and went to enter. Entered the 3ft but only 7 in it so I asked if it would be ok and said I'd be as quick as I could. Threw tack on, walk, trot canter both reins, popped 2 uprights and in. But didn't know the course. Asked collecting ring steward to tell me the course and the judge rings the bell for me to start. No idea of the course. Collecting ring girly tells me the course and I'm trying to learn it as quick as I can. Judge rings the bell again. Grr - can only assume she was in a hurry to try out her new broomstick as I was most obviously trying to learn the course - sitting on my horse and pointing round the jumps, 1, 2, 3 etc.

Still didn't get the course so thought I'd trot round and hope it would come to me.

Well, Toledo went fab, lovely clear, couple of decent turns. And then.... Where's the last fence - is it this one? Oops, no, that's number 4 backwards, oh here it is! But obviously not fast enough for a place.

But a fab double clear, with no distances walked and no idea of where we should go.

Not the best recipe for success and only a 3ft class, so hardly setting the world on fire, but I am dead chuffed with him :D