Dont know what to do

Grey_Eventer

Visit site
Some of you may have seen the post re. me falling off twice because my horse just said "no". Well im meant to be doing an ODE at the end of June, doing the Open Class. Now the qeustion is do i go ahead with this and hope hes fine by then or do i pull out now??
im going o take him XC schooling this weekend, and then some smaller showjumping- BSJA HC next weekend. Last time this happened, i took him XC schooling and he was fine. Jumped a beautiful clear round!
I really dont know whether i should go ahead with it, as hes very capable and it seems at ODEs he jumps much better than at pure SJing competitions.
Any help on how to gain some confiddence jumping- it is mainl spreads. And what do you think i should do.
Thank you
smile.gif

Grey_Eventer

Visit site
CotswoldSJ, i did, but the farrier came and he didnt, but the vet said he did. The farrier said that the shoe had probably been rubbing him. He is not lame anymore. Will post a video of him trotting from friday, plus the other videos of me falling off!
tongue.gif

Anyway, i think im going to take him XC schooling and then decide as the entries are in and i cant transfer to a lower class
mad.gif
ho hum...hopefully he will be ok, last time it just took some XC schooling, i think his confidence is very easily knocked due to his SJing past.
frown.gif

flyingfeet

Visit site
The only reason I said that, was because one of Dad's old hunters would throw in the towel (including dumping me 4 times in PC camp). He was perfectly capable, but wouldn't jump as the ground got hard. He had corns, not enough to make him lame, but enough that a horse that can pop 4ft would ditch you at 2ft.

Might be worth taking him out competing on a surface and see if its the ground and corns causing the problem

Grey_Eventer

Visit site
It could be, but i have jumped him recently on grass and in an arena- both times stopping, on grass i fell off
mad.gif
LOL will go for a blast round XC which he LOVES
grin.gif