Dont you hate it when you see a horse for sale

teapot

Visit site
that you know but the advert doesn't read/say what it really should?

Just seen a pony I know for sale and the bit regarding its temprement isn't 100% accurate.

Grrrrr
frown.gif

teapot

Visit site
I'm not saying they should be 100% honest as some people would never sell their horse but on some levels, still think people should be slightly more open

kimw

Visit site
ummm i hate it when people are dishonest, i know ou prob dont want to say who it is but could you tell me what kind of size and price, am looking for a pony for my novice son and would not be happy to end up with something like your saying .
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Skhosu

Visit site
hmmm.. the only problem is if you put 'slightly grumpy at feed times' ( for example) people automatically assume the horse is a nutjob. Kind of like if you put 'not a novice ride'.
That's what I found. I did put in my ad for a pony who had a tendancy to be grumpy, and had attitude, but I loved him dearly and he wasn't necessarily doing it on purpose that he 'had lots of character'.
People read too much into honest ads.

Kelly1982

Visit site
Me and my friend have just seen her old pony re-advertised.

He is 18yo and has won 600 pound (pound sign not working) BSJA and also rears.

This person is selling him as a 12yo who has won 1000 BSJA with no vices!!!

hairycob

Visit site
I remember seeing an advert for a pony we knew - it said "rider giving up - we knew the sentence should have gone on to say "trying to stay on when he fly bucks round the school"