Double bits

conniegirl

Visit site
Can someone please remind me, when setting up a double bridle which bit is supposed to be the wider one?
I think the heat has gone to my brain!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
traditionally the bridoon is fitted slightly wider than the curb. it's a good starting point but I find it depends on the design of each and the shape of the horse's mouth though, whether this is appropriate or not.

conniegirl

Visit site
thanks Milliepops,
I'm just buying bits on ebay for my new pony and my brain completely blanked about which way round it was!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
traditionally the bridoon is fitted slightly wider than the curb. it's a good starting point but I find it depends on the design of each and the shape of the horse's mouth though, whether this is appropriate or not.

This above.
Used to be bradoon half inch wider than curb, I have no idea if things have changed now but that's how I still fit them :)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I think the principle is right, it just depends on the brand/shape as to how much wider it needs to be IME. I usually start with the horse's normal snaffle as the bridoon and then try a curb 1/4" narrower, this has worked best for mine with the curved-type curbs & double jointed bridoons they've ended up with :)