Doubt this will make me popular - re posts linking to horses

Flame_

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
One final thing before I go and tend to my horses - If a celebrity was ugly, seriously ugly then most people would comment on the fact and that's fine. Would they then turn around and say she's so ugly I thnk she belongs in a concentration camp?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sending useless horses for meat is an everyday, acceptable, responsible thing that takes place in the real world. Sending ugly celebrities to big brother or such like might have been an appropriate analogy. Bringing up concentration camps is everything Megan said. Your POV has just lost all credibility.
mad.gif

Natch

Visit site
QR

I object to everytime somebody asks people to be a bit more sensitive or posts a well intentioned comment about being nice whether or not it means to an animal or person or to the world in general, that person is jumped on for being a fluffy bunny hugger!

These posters are not what I would call fluffy bunny huggers - to take recent topical examples, they know their horses are going to die at some point and have made plans, they know ever horse isn't perfect and they are not too afraid to ride their horses.

But it strikes me that even if they are, so what?? People frequently post about this being an open forum, and everybody is supposed to be welcome - and part of the charm is that it is not as heavily moderated as other forums. IMO This does leave us with a responsibility to self-moderate, to be polite to other users and to choose to post in a suitable way. To me that means if you do have something none-too pleasant to say about anybody, human or horse, you choose your wording carefully and appropriately.

IMO this means you can have your say, often more eloquently, without causing others be up in arms and having to resort to calling them fluffy bunny huggers.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
QR
Do the people who object to the phrase dog meat, not have dogs, or do they have dogs which are not fed on meat. If you feed your dog on meat, what type of meat do you think they eat?

pinktiger

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I am disagreeing with you all.
If you post a picture of a horse for sale, you should expect people to look at it, evaluate it, and discuss it.
Whether they do that in real life, after having viewed the horse, or on a forum is immaterial.
Perhaps the sellers have ultimate responsibility - they should post decent pictures (or none at all in some cases), and/or not assume the market is full of gullible fools who will pay silly prices for horses with conformation so poor their working life is compromised.
I also don't think you can assume that, because a horse is fugly, it has a lovely nature - and after all, there is usually a reason why the horse is for sale.
And for those who don't understand static and/or dynamic conformation and think it is a lack of condition, do you think it is acceptable to sell a horse lacking condition, anyway?
S
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

PAhhh what a load of utter rubbish!!!

people advertise their horses for potential buyers to look at NOT for the fun of HHO to bitch and be clicky about!!!

maybe they think that pic is a good one(what the chuff business it is of yours) are you wanting to buy it?? is it your horse?? is it your money ?? NO

i do understand the fundimentals of conformation and i think this horse hasnt been blessed with the best but wouldnt take the pi** just wouldnt buy the chuffing thing!! seen alot worse at high levels!! No animals perfect!! O but S maybe yours is!!

bloodyh**l why so childish on here at the mo, HHO'ers seem to love a good snipe at this particular horses expense,i agree with the OP.

eta is the aim of these types of links is warn buyer's i dont think so! and i credit them with sense enough to make their own minds up!!

Tia

Visit site
QR-

Well my comments on both of those adverts were that, the Criollo is not a good example (meaning I don't even believe it IS a Criollo!) and that the alleged Appendix AQHA mare is not an Appendix - hence in both adverts, I firmly believe there is a bit of porky-pieing going on - buyer beware! I stand by my comments, as I wouldn't like to see a member on here being duped into buying something which clearly isn't as advertised.

Honeypots

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
QR
Do the people who object to the phrase dog meat, not have dogs, or do they have dogs which are not fed on meat. If you feed your dog on meat, what type of meat do you think they eat?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 2 dogs..they eat meat...mainly raw chicken/lamb but also trashy dog meat. I'm aware of what this is made off.
I still think it is unfair to refer to someone's horse as dog meat
smile.gif
I don't think its particularly nice.
smile.gif

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
Pinktiger,
I've just realised you are a child or a very young person.
shocked.gif
I do understand why some people get upset at the idea that some horses will not have a viable future, and will end up at the abbatoir.
Try not to think about it too much, or maybe avoid threads where adults are posting about euthanasia (putting horses to sleep).
Didn't mean to upset you, didn't realise CR folk came in here so much (I should have done
blush.gif
) .
S
grin.gif

pinktiger

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Pinktiger,
I've just realised you are a child or a very young person.
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao if only that were true, could i then come and be in your gang,, would i need summer wear in Hades????
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Didn't mean to upset you, didn't realise CR folk came in here so much (I should have done
blush.gif
) . [ QUOTE ]

what an odd comment and how unrelated to topic!!!
confused.gif
crazy.gif

pinktiger

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I am confused now.
confused.gif

Your post reads as though you are a young teenager?
S
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

not if read by an adult, your either a youngun yourself or easily confused!!! is that the best reply you can come up with, to say im a young teenager!! LMAO how petty!!! you didnt ans the CR comment either!!!

Tia

Visit site
Pinktiger; I apologise too then, as when I read the huge excitability in your posts, I also thought you were probably a youngster.
crazy.gif

Syrah

Visit site
Same here I'm afraid Pinktiger and I'm a partial member of the fluffy brigade.

I think it might have been the insult which you started your reply off with that swung it for me.

Sorry
crazy.gif

Rachel_M

Visit site
There are thousands of horses for sale on the Internet, not all of them are ripped apart- You know why? Probably because the owners aren't trying to sell a horse whose condition and confirmation is no better than a horse suitable only for the meat factory at £3000 plus. People who actually care about where the horse is going after sale, take the time to make sure the horse is shown as best light as possible, in the best condition and competitively priced to attract the right type of buyers.

The horse in question is not just badly conformed but lacking serious condition. The horse doesn't look like they have taken much effort to look after him and get him in to some sort of decent condition. Why do you think they are selling him? He can't be that beloved a family pet when he does look like he needs some good feed and TLC. They are trying to fleece him off to some novice with an appalling example (I use this loosely) of the breed and trying to get as much money out of it- I wouldn't be surprised, as PF said, that the horse was brought for meat, 'rescued' and then they are trying to make as much as they can.
I am glad this advert was bought up.

I posted a link to an advert yesterday, where the sellers had painted the sole picture of their horse's white bits BRIGHT PINK. Why? I saw that and thought that either my computer had malfunctioned or their 10 year old children messed with the photo- Highlighting these things on the forum can help people when they are selling their own horses, as to what to avoid and what people look for.

They did publicly post the picture of the horses to sell; We, as potential buyers and forum members, are discussing this horse as you would do with someone sat next to you. I would say the exact same thing about that horse here as I would to someone in person- The horse LOOKS like it is a meat factory horse. I am not going to apologise for thinking that because it does.

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am confused now.
confused.gif

Your post reads as though you are a young teenager?
S
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

not if read by an adult, your either a youngun yourself or easily confused!!! is that the best reply you can come up with, to say im a young teenager!! LMAO how petty!!! you didnt ans the CR comment either!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an adult, and I read your post carefully twice (as I found your style quite challenging) to decipher any meaning within it.
I then came to the (clearly erroneous) conclusion that you were a young teenager, which would have explained your lack of courtesy to others, and the gaps in knowledge evident.
(I now stand corrected; clearly the above traits cannot be attributed to young years).
frown.gif

I then tried to compose a gentle reply despite your lack of courtesy to me, as I assumed you were possibly tearful at the idea of horses being slaughtered for 'dog meat', hence my comments about 'CR' - Common Room.
I hope this explains any misunderstandings.
S
grin.gif

pinktiger

Visit site
TIA why apologise
crazy.gif
actually why post
confused.gif
, i couldnt care less, its actually very funny and made my day!!
eta
Its seems, it would have been more constructive to debate the content with me than worry about its (Iyo) delivery!!The post (content of) was not directed at anyone else, at that point, but you and a reply to your post. You can twist it however you like!!! Im not going to get embroiled in this and take it away from the OP, so im hitting the ignore button and bitting my toungue!!

Erehwemos

Visit site
The first one, yes.

The second one, most definitely not.

As I said before, I would never want to stand in the way of constructive criticism. But there is a line between criticism and plain, brutal slagging off. Several people here seem to enjoy crossing this line
crazy.gif

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
why apologise
crazy.gif
actually why post
confused.gif
, i couldnt care less, its actually very funny and made my day!! oh is it a case of * here come the sheeeep now*
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, now I think you are duping us. I retract my apology because you clearly do appear to be a youngster after all. And I'll reply to whatever I wish to reply to, just as I have done for 5 years. Sheep? Me? *sniggers*, yep that'll be me
wink.gif

a1b2c3

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
TIA why apologise
crazy.gif
actually why post
confused.gif
eta
Its seems, it would have been more constructive to debate the content with me than worry about its (Iyo) delivery!!The post (content of) was not directed at anyone else, at that point, but you and a reply to your post. You can twist it however you like!!! Im not going to get embroiled in this and take it away from the OP, so im hitting the ignore button and bitting my toungue!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no!
shocked.gif

Tia will be devastated
smirk.gif

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
TIA why apologise
crazy.gif
actually why post
confused.gif
eta

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree; it is always more constructive to debate the content, but it does take two sensible adults to have such a discussion, and from your earlier post to me, I think that's outwith your capabilities, not Tia's.
S
grin.gif

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be gutted if I bitted my tongue
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
"bitted my toungue" ... sounds like she's about to start backing some reptile or something. I chuckled anyway
smile.gif

Ranyhyn

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be gutted if I bitted my tongue
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
"bitted my toungue" ... sounds like she's about to start backing some reptile or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

pinktiger

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
so im hitting the ignore button and bitting my toungue!!

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly stated,, are some of you having trouble reading!!! or just wanting to join in bitching at someone, seems that way, clearly as above!! Hope you enjoy yourselves, sad on a sat eve you all seem to join in and copy each other!!!

eta
lol how very sad and pointless!!!!

Taffster

Visit site
Bad choice of words, but for those who have no issues sending their beloved animals for meat it isn't. If someone actually came upto me and referred to my horse as dogmeat they would probably have a very sore jaw and bottom!