Dougal - Pulborough Intro - Quick report with piccy

H-J

www.piczo.com
So the Dougalmeister didn't disapoint again!

We set off for Pulborough at a resonable time of 8.30am and arrived on time despite getting lost! Not one sign for the event anywhere
mad.gif
Anyway I had time to walk XC after dressage so set off for that first.

Tacked up in the sunshine, went to get on, heavy rain and wind - great!! Wondered down the hill into what felt an 1000 acre field in the pouring rain and awful winds
crazy.gif
Dougal then decided after getting wet Tues at BCA that today with the winds he wasnt happy! He proceeded to throw his head up and bronc around for my entire warm up!! Needless to say my test was interesting!! Was a real shame as he has consistently got decent marks lately but I couldnt blame him so ended up with 40.

Walked the course and thought it was actually quite technical for an Intro, was most worried about the 2 left hand turn combos, 2nd one being quite skinny which would be Dougals first skinny in competition. Also the water, had a decent sized roll top with about one stride to the water
crazy.gif

Went back to find a chilled pony munching his hayledge, he is such a sweetie! He warmed up ok SJ but a little gobby, he jumped super in the ring, really fluent over 1,2,3,4, 5 and the double at 6, then just flattened slightly at 7 to tape with the hinds. Got ridiculously deep to the nxt but cleared it - good pony! Then stupid mum over cooked the last
mad.gif
to tap it out in front so 8 faults but on th ewhole a much improved round.

Then XC, and there isnt alot I can say apart from he was super again!! He was a bit bent right around certain bits which was a bit concerning at the left turns!! But I put that down to the rain/wind. Only thing he looked at was the roll top b4 the water but he then boldly went into the water.

So finished up clear within the time again
laugh.gif
chuffed mummy again!! Ended up 20th which is annoying as that is his worst placing yet! But he was a good boy again and just seems to get better and better XC and makes me smile after every round!
smile.gif

Off to Borde Hill Sat for the unaff Intro, his last event of the year then he will have a bit off time off.

Here is a piccy of him from Sat over an oxer time thing XC, im very impressed with the amount of air from him over it!
tongue.gif

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/hollynoakes/?action=view&current=DougalPulborough1.jpg

ernikins

Visit site
Well done - sounds fab - the course rode beautifully didn't it? I was a little worried about the drop but everything just flowed. You were so lucky to be doing it on saturday - the warm up for the dressage was ten times worse on sunday!!! Good luck at Borde Hill - fingers crossed for better weather!

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
well done! I take it you're a firm member of the I love my ex-racehorse club then! I think I saw you - very briefly on your way to XC - I was on my way to SJ warmup, didn't get a moment to say hi though (mainly cos I was trying to stay on top of tia who was rather 'bouncy' until she was well and truly tired at the end of the day!)

Pic is lovely too!