DR - Prelim test - black or White gloves?

Cluny

Visit site
Am finally off competing with my lovely new mare, starting off with Prelim 19 and see how we go, she's extremely capable but after having two babies in two years via C-section, my core strength leaves, er, a little to be desired.

It's a while since I've competed and am wondering if I can get away with black gloves at unaff Prelim level or if I really should wear White?

Advice gratefully received!

JenTaz

Visit site
I always wear white, i'm not totally sure on the rules but i am sure it says that light coloured gloves are preffered... saw alot of people at the weekend competiting affiliated with black gloves on so you should be alright

Hedwards

Visit site
BD brought in a rule a couple of years ago that gloves had to be pale in colour, however then changed it to say pale was preferable but not a requirement... so wear whichever you like as you wont be marked down for wearing dark colours!

I personally wear cream ones, as i heard about the 'new rule' and was all the excuse i needed to go shoping! :D

Cluny

Visit site
That's a great help guys, many thanks. Must admit I was in the tack shop the other day and saw a pair of Ariat white gloves reduced from £32 to £14, so couldn't resist, so I'd better wear them, just hope my hands are still enough!