Drag/Mock hunting in Surrey

Parkranger

Visit site
Hi

We're based in Banstead and are looking for any good hunts in the area - don't mind travelling a bit.

Ideally looking for hunts where the jumping is optional - just for our first one!

Thanks

Parkranger

Visit site
oh bugger - too short notice! What does a mock hunt entail? I'm really not worried about stupidness and tanking across fields - it's the jumping that worries me - he loves jumping but being a bit green if he gets too excited he's likely to plough through everything!
blush.gif

samp

Visit site
I think you follow a lead horse - who acts as the fox. Warren barn is all enclosed and all jumps are optional. Think beginners mock hunt only go to 2'?

Parkranger

Visit site
Now I really want to go! He's a great jumper but tends to run out when I take him in at an angle on his blind side - can't think why! ooops

RobinHood

Visit site
I'm very near you, I go to school in cheam, and we went out with Sandhurst Draghunt at Tweseldown. I enjoyed it but probably wouldn't go again because I found the people unfriendly and rude, and quite simply I prefer a day out with Surey Union who are friendly and polite.