Dratted transport companies!

Andelusional

Visit site
We have just spent a week and a small mortgage preparing a mare for insemination by a very expensive stallion. How is it even conceivable that the courier company can manage to send the semen to Helsinki when we live in Scotland????????
How can a najor company make such a huge boob? They dont even seem particularily bothered and I have been told that this company does lose a high percent of its deliveries....How can this be in 2007?
Aaargh!

kcgibson

Visit site
you should be able to claim from them! They should have some sort of insurance that means you can claim all the costs back and allow you (through a different courier!) to do it all again. Thats terrible that they could mistake scotland for helsinki!!

Faithkat

Visit site
Burtie had disastrous experiences last year with semen coming in from Holland (Painted Black, no less). The first lot arrived too late and then she paid extra for a Saturday delivery of the second lot. It was supposed to arrive something like early/mid-morning and when there still no sign of it after lunch she phoned the transport company. The container was languishing in a warehouse in Northampton or Nottingham (can't remember which) and we are right down on the South Coast in the New Forest . . . the semen was "chilled" but not by the time it was delivered at gone 6pm on one of the hottest days of last summer. Half of it was dead and the other half was not very well; the vet did carry on with the insemination but, needless to say, the mare never got pregnant despite being exactly right. A poor show all round and not a very good advert for the people arranging it. I won't name them but suffice to say that Burtie couldn't raise them on the phone on the Saturday when she kept ringing them to find out where the semen was.

kent

Visit site
How can a najor company make such a huge boob? They dont even seem particularily bothered

confused.gif
Not really surprising to this GOM (Grumpy Old Man!) Like the people on this forum who cannot be bothered running a spell/grammar check!!! Guess the whole UK now carries the same attitude into their work.

Sorry, only ttp, I get pedantic at this time of night. Transport company delivered my replacement exhaust system to wrong garage today, so not on same scale of disruption, but it cost me a couple of wasted hours. In the good old days we expected better.