Draycott House, anyone been before?

Cinders

Visit site
Was wondering what it's like and if it's a nice venue? It's a reasonable distance from me but i'm considering going to the combined training their holding.

Anyone done any of their combined training before? If so what are their SJ courses like, do they build them up to height and is it likely to be a spooky course with lots of fillers (got a wimpy pony)! Also if i choose the xc as well is it run over proper xc fences or just rustic xc type fences in the SJ ring?

Sorry for lots of questions! thanks in advance!

KatB

Visit site
Draycott is lovely. Go to draycotthouse.com and it shows you the venue. They work hard on the ground, the Sjing shouldnt be too scary and the XC is over proper XC fences
smile.gif
hope hat helps.....

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
From what I have seen at Draycott they dont tend to build up to height but do use fillers etc. Ground is normally good and they work hard on it. From reading the schedule it sounds like they are going to include four of the proper xc fences, these are well built as they run BE events and any of the smaller xc fences are equally well built scaled down "proper" fences.

Jemayni

Visit site
I did the unaffiliated combined training there last year. If it is the same as last year it will be perfect for your pony; it is not built to height & isnt technical! I cant remember it being particularly spooky either - but I dont tend to notice with my horse

SillyMare

Visit site
The show jumping was dreadful at their recent BE event - big wall at fence 3 caused carnage in the PN - rather an unfair question really.

Nice XC course though (as long as you are fairly accurate).