Dressage 4th September

Carefreegirl

Visit site
I was priviledged enough to watch both the Afternoon and evening session which included 3 medal ceremonies. Words can't explain how brilliant both the horses and riders were so I though I'd share a few of the 300+ pics that I took :eek:
Don't worry there's only a few :)

First lot are from the Grade III freestyle.

Jose Letartre from France riding Warina (Han mare) Double amputee.
Paralympics021.jpg

Steffan Zeibig from Germany riding Waldemar (Han geld)
Paralympics046.jpg

Yontana Dresler from Israel - he had the biggest grin ever :)
Paralympics068-1.jpg

Vladimir Vinchon from France riding Flipper D'or (SF Geld)
Paralympics079.jpg

Debbie Criddle riding LJT Akilles - my camera went on strike during her test :mad: and only decided to work once she halted.
Paralympics120.jpg

Paralympics161.jpg

Debbie collecting her Silver medal
Paralympics237.jpg

All three on the podium.
Paralympics251.jpg

FlaxenPony05

Visit site
I went yesterday morning when Sophie Wells got the silver for IV....your pictures are great, I enjoyed yesterday more than the Olympic Dressage as it was much less busy....

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Fantastic aren't they. I nearly blubbed a couple of times.

Pictures are a bit small as wasn't sure on sizing but I've made them a bit bigger for my next post.

FlaxenPony05

Visit site
Went to the Olympic Park today to see swimming heats and it was heaving....what would it have been like in the Olympics?! Also met lots of lovely shiny police horses :D

Carefreegirl

Visit site
I was originally put off by the thought of massive crowds and queues etc but yesterday everything flowed like clockwork. Testament to the great organisers.

Can we do this next year as well ?:D

armchair_rider

Visit site
I'm in. Not normally a dressage person but loved yesterday afternoon.

I did get a nice equestrian t-shirt when I went to the olympic park today (green rather than the normal black ones). The athletics was pretty fun too.

Superhot

Visit site
I was lucky enough to get tickets for this wonderful final equestrian event. It was absolutely brilliant. I had to look away as they moved the judges huts, as I thought they were starting to clear everything away so soon, then realised it was to make room for the photographers !!!
The athletes have left me totally in awe of their individual achievements and I hope the appreciation and support they all received from the audience, will stay with them for many years to come. Thank you to them for giving us so much pleasure.
I would also like to say a huge thank you to the many Gamesmakers who helped to make my day so special. I absolutely admire them for being so cheerful and professional, keeping us happy as we left the venue, guiding a huge crowd back to Greenwich station, and changing trains at Stratford. Everything went so smoothly. I thought the Gamesmakers forming a sort of Guard of Honour completely up the steps to the ceremonial flags was a lovely touch.

THANK YOU ALL. See you next Monday at the Athletes Parade from Mansion House at 1.30pm to Buckingham Palace and then the Olympics really will be over...

Carefreegirl

Visit site
I was lucky enough to get tickets for this wonderful final equestrian event. It was absolutely brilliant. I had to look away as they moved the judges huts, as I thought they were starting to clear everything away so soon, then realised it was to make room for the photographers !!!
The athletes have left me totally in awe of their individual achievements and I hope the appreciation and support they all received from the audience, will stay with them for many years to come. Thank you to them for giving us so much pleasure.
I would also like to say a huge thank you to the many Gamesmakers who helped to make my day so special. I absolutely admire them for being so cheerful and professional, keeping us happy as we left the venue, guiding a huge crowd back to Greenwich station, and changing trains at Stratford. Everything went so smoothly. I thought the Gamesmakers forming a sort of Guard of Honour completely up the steps to the ceremonial flags was a lovely touch.
THANK YOU ALL. See you next Monday at the Athletes Parade from Mansion House at 1.30pm to Buckingham Palace and then the Olympics really will be over...

I got a picture of that too......:eek:

Paralympics217.jpg