Dressage BE 136?

Saf

community.webshots.com
Hi

Any tips for riding this test? Has travers (never done in a test
frown.gif
), rein back, counter canter, extended walk (never even done)

Maybe biting off more than I can chew but got to try sometime
wink.gif

Thanks
grin.gif

DressageChick

Visit site
I would recommend you have a lesson to go over the things you have never done before, that way you will be less stressed and to ensure you have the correct requirements in your head. Good luck

Bossanova

Visit site
Travers- just show a decent amount of angle, ride it on 4 tracks rather than 3.
Halt for a good clear 3 seconds then just keep the rein back quiet- most int horses canty do a diagonal rainback so just to have the right number of steps and in a vaguely straightline is fine!!
Extended walk is very simple- simply push slightly more and fake it so that it looks like your body's moving more with bigger movement when it actually prob isnt much different!!
Urghh now I remember why I hate 136- those 1/2 circles are b*ggers!!

DressageChick

Visit site
Not sure how you can fake an extended walk. The judge will be looking at the ground for a bigger overtrack and at the frame of the horse to see the head and neck lower and see the relaxation over the back.

Any judge worth there salt will notice if the rider is just exaggerating the movement through the seat. (but then swinging your hips will encourage a bigger stride)

Not a dig at anyone- just think people should try to get things right as disappointing for the judge if the class is full of people who are not truely able to perform the movement and are just 'faking it' and wont help the combination truely progress

Good luck anyway.

Saf

community.webshots.com
Hi Boss

Want to take the plunge with a IN but this test seems to be the worst one. I just feel that the worst I can be is last so anything better than that is a bonus and I have been last before so who cares if I get a cricket score it can only be improved on
wink.gif
The counter canter is the real prob will practice loads, thanks for the tips will start tomorrow
smile.gif

Saf

community.webshots.com
DC thanks for the tips, I take it the neck stretch is not as long as a free walk but the walk bigger if that makes sence?
I have at least two lessons before hand and another 2 weeks to get it all together, have to take the plunge sometime
wink.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
Dont let the dressage put you off- I've struggled through god knows how many 136s and survived
smirk.gif

My problem with the counter canter is that Boss will canter for hours in counter canter at home but in a stressful situation he just goes *ping* change!! Soooo annoying!!

DressageChick

Visit site
Definately take the plunge- just get someone to help make sure you try and do it properly (if that makes sense) no-one has to be perfect but it helps if you know what you are aiming for.
In extended walk the head and neck lower and horse takes contact forward. There should be a clear overtrack- for high marks 3 footprints overtrack. The back should swing and shoulders should reach well forward, cover ground with activity but without haste.

Saf

community.webshots.com
Thank you, to late now have sent the email to transfer my entry to the IN, finger was hovered and found my self pushing that button.
Will get my friend to watch the walk till my lesson, thanks again
Clare
smile.gif

DressageChick

Visit site
Thats fine to ride it that way, but my comment was in response to people saying move your hips lots so it looks like the horse is covering more ground. IMHO that wont fool the judge who will be looking at the overtrack and will be able to see clearly whether it is sufficient for extended walk or not

Saf

community.webshots.com
Hi Ya

At Firle, dad gave me the push
shocked.gif
Just thought the worst I can do is last and thats not so bad
wink.gif
Every other horse has gone I or higher so there is no pressure. Have not even performed most of the dressage movements before tonight, small bit of practice going on and booked two lessons with trainer before then.

Good luck at Burnham, wish I could get over to support but am working sunday
frown.gif

Are you doing Firle?