Dressage books

Foxford

Visit site
Thinking of buying myself a chritmas pressie!!

Hopefully I will start competing on the 5-y-o I'm riding at the moment in the new year. I'm a dressage newbie and looking for something to think about really! Movements and how to ride them would be the main thing I'm looking for. I do have an instructor, but keen to do my homework that's all!

I tried to order down to earth dressage but afer 2 months of waiting for it to be delivered I cancelled the order. Working my way thorough 101 schooling excercises at the moment. Any recommendations?!

Visit site
Ditto Carl Hesters books - very clear and concise
The DVDs on Prelim and Novice tests with commentary by Richard Davidson are a good way to learn tests and to see them accurately ridden see here for infomation: web page
They are available in most horsey shops / tack shops etc.
My favourite book is Dressage Formula by Erik Herbermann - great riding tips and all done by a classical rider and the photos show the results on 'average horses'
web page

Foxford

Visit site
Doesn't the wirral have the most horses for its size than anywhere else in the country? Or so I've heard!

I also forgot to add, where is best place to get the test sheets? When I looked, there were some new ones out, but I'm not sure whether I would need the up to date ones for unaffilliated. Fears of performing the wrong test on my first time out... eek!

Thanks for suggestions so far!

vicm2509

Visit site
Ive got most of the prelim tests and only got them last week off my instructor so let me know if you need copies. I dont think the prelim tests have been updated since 2002.

Oh and yep we so have the most horses here for our size.