Dressage Boot Camp - any suggestions?

jaquelin

Visit site
Has anyone done anything like this, heard any reports? I am in desperate need of some very intensive training to get my position right as at present I am crouched over my horse's withers and cannot seem to get the hang of a deep seat. My current situation is such that between work and family committments, I get the occasional lesson and only every couple of months with a dressage trainer. So even if I am improving at the end of a lesson, I don't get the next one soon enough to build on this. Ideally, I would like to go away for a week, more or less, train with someone and start to get the feel of a deep seat. I have found one or two only on line - I would go to Europe as long as it was serious training, not one of these holiday style "dressage" weeks.

trendybraincell

Visit site
If you're happy to go to Europe pm FrodoBeutlin...she went to Germany for training and ended up staying for a couple of years, so she'll have lots of helpful info for you :)

Alternatively in good ole england, Adam Kemp and Matt Frost do intensive training breaks

FrodoBeutlin

Visit site
Four years actually! Be warned, if you go you might not come back :p

I would really recommend something like what Dressager did, an intensive week with two lessons per day at a place like Verden (on their horses). You will get fab training, really focusing on your position, and it's inexpensive.

FrodoBeutlin

Visit site
Forgot to add; totally agree with you, I would avoid those "holiday" type things. I went to Portugal for a week years ago, and while it was nice and relaxing and the horses were lovely, it definitely felt like a holiday. Not the place to go to if you really want to work on your seat / improve.