Dressage debut of 2019 - competiton report

GG13

Visit site
I thought I’d do my very own competition report this week as I always enjoy reading everyone else’s.
Horse (P) and I headed over to our local dressage venue for the riding club dressage yesterday.

I must have had a moment of madness as I entered the Novice and Elementary!!

First up was N27. After warming up fab outside we went in to the indoor for our test and P decided the horse in the mirrors was definitely going to eat him 😏Luckily the judge gave us enough time to go round a few times before ringing the bell.
P went nicely enough in the test considering we’re a little ring rusty. I lost his attention a couple of times as he was much more interested in what was happening outside, but overall he did a sweet test with only one blip in the first canter/trot transition.

We didn’t have long before our next test E44 so went back in to the warm up for a little tune up and work on a bit more engagement for the collected trot and then we were back in.

P was a lot better having already been in the arena, I just lost his attention in the FWLR. He’s very easily distracted and always takes the opportunity to have a good look around! If anyone has any tips for keeping his attention they’d be appreciated. No major errors this time so very pleased with our attempt.

Was pleasantly surprised to see we had managed over 70% in both tests scoring 0.4% better in the Ele so glad what I felt was reflected in the scores. It was riding club so I think the scoring was on the generous side but still pleased our winter training seems to be working 🙂