dressage help please AGAIN!

Malibu

Visit site
As some of you may know i went to see a horse last and i am planning on getting him vetted soon, he as approxe 70 bd points i think its 68, anyway he has won novices and open novices and also come 2nd in elementry, so does that mean that if i get him and (he is already reg with BD) so i will chnage owner and rider although i will have to register will he only be able to do open novice or elementary?

also he competes down south and theer is very stiif competition but he still scores low 70's high 60's in elementary, is this a good standard and sort of average?

star

Visit site
his scores sound very good, not average. average is around low to mid 60's, so high 60's, low 70's is very good. He is still in novice points so you will be able to do novice with him until he gets 74 points, then you'll be into elem. you might be able to pay to get him downgraded though, usually to about 40 points which gives you a bit longer in novice. whether you ride in the open or restricted depends on whether you've done affiliated dressage before and what level points you have got. if you've never done aff, then you'll be group8 and can ride in restricted sections at all levels. same if you've previously got points at novice, then you're group 7 but still restricted novice. if you've won points at elem then you're group 6 and have to ride novice open, but restricted elem etc etc

Malibu

Visit site
oh great thats sounds good, i ahve enevr ridden affilated dressage so NO points
frown.gif
so basically i woudlnt downgrade him so i coudl ride novice or elemenatary, the owner has enetered any more for few months as she didnt wat him to go over 74 then would be out of novice !

star

Visit site
if you have no points then you're group 8. if it were me i probably would downgrade so i had a chance of doing some stuff at novice, but if you're happy with the prospect of only being able to do elem after 1 show (coz if he's getting those sorts of scores, he'll only need to do 1 class at novice and that'll be it) then dont bother downgrading.

Argie_Spew

Australia, Just arrived in Brisbane! God i hate mo
Visit site
If he has Elementry points u will have to go open at novice.
If you down grade, and the probably wont as hes only got 68 points, u have to go in at open anyways at novice, and poss even elem (dont quote me on the latter). However if u do down grade u wont be able to Qualify for 6 months. Thats a long time to not be doing qualifiers!!
x

Malibu

Visit site
he has qualified for somehitng not sure what, coudl you tell me, he was won novice and came 2nd in elementrys, so is that how you qualifiy or must you win?

star

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If he has Elementry points u will have to go open at novice.
x

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not true! it is him with the points, not her. she is a group8 rider so can ride restricted novice. he is only in open novice with his current rider, not a brand new one who's never done affiliated before.

if she downgrades then yes she has to go open novice and no qualifiers for 6months, but depends if she wants to ride at novice or not because if she doens't downgrade then 1 show and she'll be in elem coz he'll be out of points. the no qualifiers thing wont be a problem if she just wants to get some experience at novice level before going on to elem. if she doesn't downgrade then she wont be qualifying for anything at novice anyway with only 4 points left or would have to qualify on 1st outing.

star

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
he has qualified for somehitng not sure what, coudl you tell me, he was won novice and came 2nd in elementrys, so is that how you qualifiy or must you win?

[/ QUOTE ]

to qualify for the summer regionals or winter semi's at novice open you must win 2 novices with 66% and above with at least one of them in a qualifier class (at restricted it's 65%). at elem restricted it's 64%. he may have qualified for area festivals - for those you only need 2 sheets at 59% and above at your level, no wins or placings needed.

Malibu

Visit site
novice summer regionals it is, just looked at ad, will that be local county to owner, or could i go? is restristced and open, open as in any grade and restricted to those with not enough points to go out of certain class

star

Visit site
no, restricted and open is down to whether you've won points at the next level up. once you have points at elem you ride in open novice. once you have points at medium you ride in open elem etc.

if he has qualified for the summer regionals then most of them are in the next couple of weeks or have already happened so i doubt you'd get him in time to get used to him and take him. the northern one is this week, 3 others are this weekend and the midlands one is next weekend. remember if the owner takes him and gets more points he could go over that 74 points.

just checked the rule book and it's £60 to downgrade him to 40 points as you are a group 8 rider. you then ride in open novice and cant do qualifiers for 6 months, but would be a good chance to just get out there and do novice before having to do elem. the only other option is not to downgrade him, but to compete HC so you dont get points or find training classes as you dont get points in them either.

Malibu

Visit site
oh thanks alot, i dont think i will downgrade him but ride him unafillated at dressage club then carry on affilated during winter, i dont do pure dressage but he's very good at him and good practice for me to get used to him, so how many poinst untill open elem? just want to know and also at medium what are the most toughest demanding moves?

star

Visit site
to have to ride open elem, you just have to get one point at Medium level. Remember the points belong to the horse and so what level he is eligible for is down to his points. Your rider group and therefore whether you ride open or restricted at each level is down to what level you have won points at on any horse since 1994.

medium moves include half pass in trot and canter, simple changes (canter change of leg through walk), walk pirouettes, 10m circles in trot and canter etc

Malibu

Visit site
yes i love him, such a tryer and so willing to learn and Honest! MASSIVE JUMP AND GREAT MANNERS, perfect package for me, thats why i really want to do soem thign at dressage as he is so talented at it that although i will event him fingers crossed to hgh level of eventing, i woudl like to work at soem dressage which woudl be good for me as well!

will keep you updated!