dressage in black jodhpurs

madeleine1

Visit site
hi
i have a intro b and prelim dressage test to do tomorrow and i cant find my white jodhpurs anywhere is there anyway i could get away with black ones as its that or not go and i only get chance to compete 2 or 3 times a year.

Leg_end

Visit site
No, they must be beige or white. Although I guess it depends on the rules, if not run under BD rules you may have a chance..

alainax

Visit site
If its tommorow, then your all out of options.

Those browny coloured ones might get away with as being dark beige, just depends on the Judge. Is the show far away? if its not too bad, Id possibly go with the brown ones (not the black ones) and upon arrival speak to the judge. Just say youve had a fashion disaster, white breeches ripped en route, and have only these ones in the car/lorry, and would she be kind enough to still allow you to compete in the dark beige.

Its worth a try :D

noodle_

Visit site
can you not wear beige pants?

like proper pants?

i have some nice beige ones i wear for in-hand showing - they could get away under a long jacket if i was desparate!!

may be worth a thought?

but fwiw - i wear white for dressage!

madeleine1

Visit site
If its tommorow, then your all out of options.

Those browny coloured ones might get away with as being dark beige, just depends on the Judge. Is the show far away? if its not too bad, Id possibly go with the brown ones (not the black ones) and upon arrival speak to the judge. Just say youve had a fashion disaster, white breeches ripped en route, and have only these ones in the car/lorry, and would she be kind enough to still allow you to compete in the dark beige.

Its worth a try :D

its 45 mins away and i will ask as it my local riding club and they know me. i might split the beige ones on the way anyway. life sucks

Jingleballs

Visit site
It depends if the competition is being run under BD rules - if it is, then no, you can't wear either your black or brown jodhpurs.

Alyth

Visit site
And this sort of rediculous ruling is limiting the number of competitiors!! Personally I wouldn't be seen dead in any pale colour jod!!!! Black or dark brown or navy only!!!!

Auslander

Visit site
And this sort of rediculous ruling is limiting the number of competitiors!! Personally I wouldn't be seen dead in any pale colour jod!!!! Black or dark brown or navy only!!!!

I think its just you! I can think if many reasons for not competing, but having to wear beige/white breeches isn't one I've ever heard before!

Jesstickle

Visit site
If it's RC and they know you I'm sure if you explain that you can't find your white ones anywhere but you would still really like to compete they'll be fine with that TBH. If they have any sense they will anyway.

glamourpuss

Visit site
Aylth I can think of many reasons for not wanting to compete but because it being the colour of trousers you have to wear has made me smile.
I certainly don't think the colour of jodhpurs is a limiting factor for competitors, they don't have to be expensive....just pale coloured :)

POLLDARK

Visit site
Try making apologies before competing in the dark breeches. I believe the reason for light colour gloves & breeches is so the judge can better see your aids & judge your position/effectiveness. Could be wrong mind, it's just an assumption I made.:)

Faro

Visit site
Must admit I nearly always ride in black or dark coloured jodhs and breeches, although I do keep one very nice pale cream Pikeur pair of breeches purely for my very occasional foray into the world of dressage or showing.

On a very personal note - I absolutely hate white jodhs/breeches, cream or beige is much more flattering - and as for that hideous canary yellow seen all too often in the show ring - Words can't describe how ugly that looks!

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
hi
thanks to the reasuring people. they did let me compete in the dodgy orange beige ones and nobody said anything so bonus.

I can't believe the number of scare mongerers on here, I'm not surprised they were fine with them. I competed affiliates in Anky camel coloured breeches which looked really smart with my olive tweed, caramel gloves. No one ever suggested they were too dark. The rules just say "light colour".

Lolo

Visit site
Must admit I nearly always ride in black or dark coloured jodhs and breeches, although I do keep one very nice pale cream Pikeur pair of breeches purely for my very occasional foray into the world of dressage or showing.

On a very personal note - I absolutely hate white jodhs/breeches, cream or beige is much more flattering - and as for that hideous canary yellow seen all too often in the show ring - Words can't describe how ugly that looks!

Oi! :p My sister sports the (pale-ish) canary jods, so much nicer than beige or white and infinitely more flattering ;)

madeleine1

Visit site
You can't say that and then not tell us how you got on! ;)

i was hopin to avoid that lol, we were awful in the into b with a 56% and mostly 5 and 6's and we came about 8th out of 12 and then in the prelim we got 63% which i was really impressed with as we got all 6's and four 7's and id hoped for 3 7's. but we came 7th with 3rd to 7th place only split by 1 point.