Dressage in france...

piaffe

Visit site
Not sure if i have posted this before, if i have, sorry!
frown.gif
I couldnt find anything about it when i searched here.

Just wondering if anyone knew about dressage in france. I mean, here we have BD, is there a french equivilant? And, if they do is it run in the same way? As in, are there lots of comps all over etc? what about tests?

Just wondering, if we go there, will i be able to compete?

Tempi

Visit site
i cant believe you are going to leave me and go to france
frown.gif
il have to come over in the pink machine with the horse (s) to visit
smile.gif

(PS my account is a bit dodgy atm,so im using another loggin name at work! - just in case people start thinking the other me is a troll!!)

piaffe

Visit site
its all up in the air at the mo! We have found the house of our dreams and mum b and i are in the process of trying to twist dads arm (he has the money)!

We will go, but were supposed to wait til i finihs uni but this house is so nice that we are hoping to buy it now instead of waiting to sell mums! if we can talk dad into selling the bungalow too we'd be able to buy something a lot bigger!

what we are looking at is 2 houses, together, both 4 bed, 2 barns, pond, 12 acres and stables!
grin.gif
so plenty of room for you and the pink machine!
grin.gif

airedale

Visit site
I believe that before you can compete in France you have to pass their riding test. This includes jumping 1.1m course, flatwork etc. Have a look round for Stages on french websites.

Also your horse has to be registered to compete in France and before you can do that I thinkyou have to have full breeding record as to it's parentage and a proper breed society passport.

ffe will tell you more but check out 'Stages' and be careful - it's not as 'open' a system as we have in teh UK and you cannot merely move there with horse and go out competing......

piaffe

Visit site
Oh bugger, that seems terribly complicated.
frown.gif
frown.gif
thats me out as wouldnt want to do a riding test if it included jumping. dont want to jump just do dressage.
frown.gif

thanks for your help.

Ginn

Visit site
Lol! Just don't go before our birthday meet-up! Im counting on your floor to sleep on that night!
tongue.gif

TrecPeter

www.alwena.com
Didn't see you had made a post about that & I didn't save my PM to you! (actually Dressage is not really my thing..)

Yes, www.ffe.com is a good place to start, and for youngsters you need a Gallop5 or 6 to start competing on a more serious level, and your horse will need half or full French papers.

THe other link I found was http://www.cheval-haute-ecole.com/

I see that the FFE has an equstrian forum too - like this one, but not as good
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Have a look at http://www.ffe.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl
You might pick up some hints.

TrecPeter

www.alwena.com
Another thought....
How well does your family and yourself speak french?
Although Normandy is close to the UK, your mum+dad might feel isolated from local events if they can't communicate.

To really join in with the fun of competing in France, you have to speak french - maybe you are already fluent?
Et moi, un "roast-beef" en l'Ain, je fais tous mes concours de Trec en Français. Cette année j’ai bien rigolé parce que j’ai gagné la final départemental
wink.gif

Opps - sorry about the boasting there.

piaffe

Visit site
Thanks so mucuh for your pms and on here! Our french actually leaves a lot to be desired but we are planning on going to college to learn (i did some at school).

TrecPeter

www.alwena.com
In my young days I admit I failed my French O level (Quelle horreur!) I was lucky 20 years ago to have a really good french teacher when I arrived in Geneva - that helped a lot with conversation. I always remember him telling us the key to speaking french was learning the 3 basic forms on how to ask questions, and he was right about that!
As I took up riding only about 10 years ago, I learnt in a french club completely in french, and sometimes I find myself stumped for words in English equestrian conversations - that's really weird
smile.gif

crazyfrog

www.sullivangatz.com
hhi piaffe,

Don't panic,there is a lots of dressage show in france;For full schedrule go to www.ffecompet.com;and you wiil find all the show that there is in all the region.You shouldn't need to pass the french exams,but you will probably need a written letter from BD that state that you have competed up to the level that you compete in england with this you should have no problem what so ever.What part of france are you going to?if you want me to find out what show there are where ever you're going,just PM me and i will be more than happy to do it as i am french anf know where to look or who to ring!