Dressage instructor recommendations - Central Scotland

Jingleballs

Visit site
Looking for some suggestions of instructors in Central Scotland as I think I may have to change instructor.

Got a couple of names to look into so far - Linda Penman, Debbie Bridges, Richard Johnston-Smith.

I wondered if anyone had any other suggestions or comments on the above? I'm probably going to try a few instructors to find the one that best suits.

I'm only competing Prelim/Novice and would like to one day compete Elementary but have no ambitions to go further than that and I'm in no hurry. Looking for a sympathetic but challenging instructor who will help us improve!

Thanks!

smallgirl

Visit site
Hi

I'd be interested in finding out about instructiors in Central Scotland too as next summer hopefully I'll be on the look out for one.....

kez1001

Visit site
I second Jill Grant she performed absolute miracles with my mare! Really worth giving her a call as she does clinics all over or you can go to hers.

Lauren O'Hagan teaches at my yard once a month, there is a clinic if you want details PM me.

Jingleballs

Visit site
Thanks all - have a few to consider now.

Seems that like everything else every instructor has a mixed reputation depending on what kind of instruction you want.

I've booked a lesson with Debbie, am planning on getting a lesson with Linda P and also hopefully Erik Mackechnie.

kirkton

Visit site
Hey Babybear! How are you?
How about Olivia Wilmot (was Haddow) she is in East Kilbride but she travels. That's who I bought 'My' Baby Bear from and I think she's really good. She's also young and fun and not like some of the 'other' stuffy dressage types!

Jingleballs

Visit site
Hey Babybear! How are you?
How about Olivia Wilmot (was Haddow) she is in East Kilbride but she travels. That's who I bought 'My' Baby Bear from and I think she's really good. She's also young and fun and not like some of the 'other' stuffy dressage types!

Hello - I've good thanks!

I've heard of Olivia but though she was more into eventing than pure dressage? Will add her name to the list :D

PucciNPoni

Visit site
Karon Carson. She is an eventer but her specialty is dressage...and an absolutely fantastic instructor. Contact me if you want her number.

JenTaz

Visit site
Erik is an actual miracle worker! I get a lesson once a fortnight at the yard im at from him as he comes to edinburgh to teach eight of us each time, and he is the only person apart from my old instructor who unfortunately moved down south who understands taz, and the improvement in two lessons is unbelievable, i pay £30 for a forty five minute lesson and if he has to go over the time untill the horse gets something he is fine to do so, even if it makes him run late the rest of the afternoon.

Jnhuk

Visit site
Another name to add to the list is Diana Zajda. She comes once a month to our riding club and everyone who has lessons with her rates her and you can see the improvement.

I found Erik good too but not had any lessons with him recently in the last few years but he did have a tendency to run late when I participated in his clinics