dressage instructors, classical? Pam Millar

Holly Hocks

Visit site
I had lessons with a classical instructor on my old boy - he (and I) improved no end. I found it a lot more sympathetic. More focus put onto me rather than the horse. By improving me, the horse improved as a result. It wasn't a case of just pushing and pushing the horse into more contact, it was about riding light and allowing the horse to find it's own contact - brought about by changes to me and the way I asked the horse to do things......it isn't about achieving a result overnight - more about taking time so that the horse responds in a more natural way to achieve self-carriage. Good luck and enjoy!!

classicalfan

Visit site
Classical training is about building flexibility, suppleness, strength and agility without coercion. The emphasis for the rider is on the correct seat and maintaing one's own balance, ie an independent seat which is not relying (consciously or unconsciously) on gripping hands and legs. The end result is much improved communication between horse and rider, making even teh difficult things seem so much easier.
See my trainer's website. Not finished yet, she's too busy but it will give you an idea www.equisense.net