dressage movements

littlehoofprint

Visit site
hi!

im doing the pony club area dressage next week for the first time and we have been drafted in so really am not that experienced at dressage! i was just wondering whether u could give me some tips on riding a 15m circle at B how far do i go to the other side? and a loop 5m off the track how do i ride this? i know the judges are very strict on accuracy and want to make sure i get it right!

thank you in advance!
Rachelxxx

Tempi

Visit site
for a 5m loop in from the track make sure it is gradual with the widest part being at b/e then make it come back in again. It should go 1/4 of a way across the school, so not very deep.

For the 15m circle it goes 3/4 across the school, so leave 5ms at the otherside.

CalliChristmasTree

Visit site
5m.jpg

Is it not that?
Go down the long side HEK at K come off the track doing a 1/2 5m circle. Returning to the track at E

Thinof it as a tear drop shape or ice cream cone.

CalliChristmasTree

Visit site
5m.jpg

Is it not that?
Go down the long side HEK at K come off the track doing a 1/2 5m circle. Returning to the track at E

Think of it as a tear drop shape or ice cream cone.

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
No, sorry the drawing is incorrect..........that would be described as a 5m 1/2 circle and return to the track at E.

PG is correct but I'm afraid I don't know how to do the drawing.
Try this..........
If it states a 5m loop between H and K, then draw a straight line from H to a point opposite E 5m in from the track, (or if you like, 1/2 way between X and E, and then a straight line from there back to K.

Now, when you ride it you need to make the line curved, not angular, showing good changes of bend.
I always remind pupils to ride.........corner, loop, corner.........in order that they don't cut either corner and prepare for the changes of bend correctly.

Hope that helps.