Dressage Pony report

HayleyUK

Visit site
More of a lurker than a poster, but I got some great advice when she was lame so thought I'd pop back to post an update.

Long story short, I bought a 4yo. She did a tendon in the front leg as a 5yo. Then was diagnosed with chronic PSD in both hinds that had been going on on a sub clinical basis for a long time so she had surgery in Oct 2014. 2015 she came into rehab work and we slowly rehabbed her aiming for a dressage career.

We've been hard at work - dressing her in cute outfits...

Going for lots of lessons and really working hard on her at home..
I'm not particularly talented but she's turned out to be quite nice and forgiving of my mistakes...

So, couple of weekends ago, we popped over to a local venue for some dressage. We've had loads of issues warming up - I've exited warm ups on countless occasions where she's been horrid about other horses being close by (20m is considered close by her!!) so was really pleased she'd warmed up nicely for both tests with a stallion in the arena (massive tart didn't bat an eyelid..!!)

It was really hot and she felt a bit tired, so was pleased with 66% in the prelim for 3rd and a bobble round N23 where I totally over rode the first 5 movements and got a break in the medium trot and a change in the medium canter (oops!) for 63% (would have been 65/66 without the mistakes)

Very pleased and just shows there is hope for cripples...!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Well done those are great scores after all that you've been through, you must be so pleaeed. Love that venue so might see you out at some point :).

HayleyUK

Visit site
Thanks Alex. It's a venue I always avoided as my other pony never went well there! C seems to love it - odd little monkey, she also loves Myerscoughs dark little indoor!

Thank you BooBoos! She's from showing lines so not really meant to be a diva pony, she's half sister to Comberton Clancy so probably belongs in a showing home really!

Nic - pop her in the post for you? ����