Dressage question... horse has BD points, wat limits on unafil?

showjump2003

Visit site
Morning all. Off to view a horse today that has 8 BD points. For the forseable future I will only be doing unafiliated stuff, mainly riding club. Will avin 8 points mean I can't do certain classes? Thanks

Nailed

Visit site
It doesnt affect it as far as im aware. I knew a women who brought an exolympic mare as a 23 yr old and used to do prelim dressage (score was always in the 40% as well as the mare was far to advanced for prelim and the rider was not competent enough to use the leg and seat aid in the correct way.)

Lou x

MistletoeMegan

Visit site
The schedule will normally say whether you can compete or not - obviously due to their nature, there is no one set rule regarding points at unaffiliated.

Most shows will run open sections, where you should be ok to compete.

ottodyl1

Visit site
8 points means the horse is still eligible for affiliated prelim. Depends on the show but usually if unaffiliated classes are restricted most seem to stipulate same points restrictions as BD so you should be fine competing prelim at most places. Think it's similar for riding club teams etc, though they may have changed in last few years so you might need to check

AandK

Visit site
QR - it depends on the venue/club that is hosting the comp as to the limit on points. some will be in line with BD but some will have their own limits, the BD limit for prelim used to be 35 but they have changed since i last did it and i don't know the new limits..
for RC teams for area qualifiers etc, you wouldn't be able to do prelim as horses can't have points for that, but you could do novice (up to 124 points).

star

Visit site
it def will affect some RC team and national qualifiers stuff - my team manager has strictly banned me from getting points this year.