Dressage report, We're off to the National Finals!

Mickeymoo

Visit site
Last year I qualified for UK chasers regionals on OH's 23 year old cob, getting 70% on our last outing.:)

So, we went yesterday to the Regional final at Eland Lodge. Was rather worried I wouldn't even make it as there was a wide load on the A50 and it meant we were crawling along at 35mph! So, OH was in the little car and had gone ahead to get my number and say I may be late.:eek:

I got there about 10 minutes before I had planned to get on so that was fine. Took my time getting ready to try and stay calm as it was the first time I had done 2 tests and was a bit worried about remembering them or mixing them up!:confused:

Got on Shiney and he was really calm in the warm up. I did some leg yeilding and worked on him listening to me in walk. He has a record of running off in canter so I have been working all week trying to keep his attention - even when it gets exciting. Did lots of transitions in walk and trot, then did some walk to canter, canter to halt, to really let him know he needs to stop occasionally.:eek:

My times were P1 12.36 and P12 12.44, so not much time in between.. Yikes.. So, P1 went really well. He was light, responsive and we managed not to fall in on the circles. We were very pleased. Next was P12, and he produced the same lovely work and we were absolutely over the moon with him. Lets just hope the judges thought so too!

P1 scored 68.9% comments were - what a consistant and pleasing test. scored 2x8's, 3x6's and the rest 7's.:D:D

P12 scored 62.8% which we were quite disappointed with until we saw the lovely comment at the end - a lot to like in this forward and obedient horse!:D

And best of all, I qualified for the National Finals in August at Arena UK. We are so pleased, we had a lovely day.:D:D:D

Next stop SFAS @ Vale View next sunday, we would be so happy with just a placing.

Oh, I think I need to thank my OH and owner of Shiney, Mr Johnnie Walker (yes that is correct, but unfortunately he doesn't own a whiskey label) And my trainer Mr Ez Jeramiah aka Dark_Knight who has spent many a painful hour trying to teach me the fine art of dressage.;) I thank you both. x:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:

Dark_Knight

Visit site
Thank you! It's been a pleasure;), well done D its so good to see all your hard work paying off, good luck for the Finals, but I think I may see you before then:):

Mickeymoo

Visit site
Thank you for all your kind comments.

Dark_Knight, you will definately see me before then to remind me.. which is my left.. and which is my right!!! lol :rolleyes: