Dressage Report

helenandshadow

Visit site
Went to Uckfield & District Riding Club dressage at Golden Cross today. Just did one class which was Prelim 7 and my time was 10am. First thing this morning it was dry, we had a little shower before we left the yard but other than that it has been dry!
smile.gif
Arrived just after 9am and tacked up and went into the warm up, one end of the school was flooded - in July!
shocked.gif

Gave her a long-ish warm up and she was going really nicely, she was really chilled and soft in my hand, her trot work was lovely.
smile.gif
I wasn't expecting her to go half as well in the arena. We went in and she was a bit tense and rushed. She was fighting my hand a little at times but mostly she wasn't too bad. I didn't ride as accurately as I could have, but at least I remembered my test. Very happy with her, she went much better than I expected considering I haven't ridden her since last Saturday because the fields are too wet and she had a loose shoe so I didn't want to hack. I haven't schooled her much since January because we don't have a school and the fields aren't very flat so not easy to school in. She's used to jumping at GC and she hasn't even been ridden in her snaffle since last year, so I'll let her off for being speedy.
grin.gif

They had put some scores up when we left and I got 59.5% and was lying fourth but they were only about a third of the way through the class so we probably wouldn't have been placed. So not amazing but I don't think we did too badly. I haven't got my sheet yet, a friend who was there is going to get it for me, so it'll be interesting to see what the judge thought. I'm really pleased with my girly though!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Sorry for self-indulgent post. Well done if you got this far!!
wink.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
This weather is just awful isn't it!

Well done... You've done very well, especially considering she has not been schooled much as you said.

moodymare1987

Visit site
Well done that is fab especially since you was saying she not been rode since saturday and in snaffle since god knows when. At least you are alive
tongue.gif
No well dont hun thats great.