Dressage Report!!!!

helenandshadow

Visit site
Went to Sands Farm today for unaff dressage and did prelim 16 and 17. It was the first time I've done a long arena test and I wasn't expecting to do well, we just need more experience because Shad's usually very tense and wondering where the jumps are, and if I remembered the tests it would be a bonus!
wink.gif
She warmed up nicely and wasn't spooky. Went in for the first test and she was a bit tense but settled by the time we started. She was really good but I let her down a bit by not riding as accurately as I could have and not keeping her straight.
blush.gif
In the second test she was even better. Her canter isn't brilliant but it will come, her trot work has definitely improved and some bits were lovely today.
grin.gif
She was so much better than she usually is, soooo much more relaxed and didn't rush at all!
smile.gif

We went to check the scores once the class had finished and we got 60% for P16 and 62.91% for P17. They did combined placings for the two prelims and we came 3rd overall!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
I *think* we would have been 3rd in P16 and 2nd in P17. And we qualified for the SE Region unaff dressage champs at Hickstead next year!
grin.gif
We got and 8 for one of our trot half cirlces in the second test (our first 8
laugh.gif
) and the rest 6's and 7's expept I got 5 for both centre lines in the first test
shocked.gif
blush.gif
and for our canter down the long side in the second test. So I'm over the moon with my girly!
grin.gif
I know there's still plenty of room for improvement though and I didn't really do her justice today because I was too worried about remembering my tests! Off to Trailblazers at Golden Cross in a few weeks for P10 and N21 - our first Novice!!
crazy.gif
cool.gif

Hattikins

Visit site
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO thats absolutely fantastic Helen!
grin.gif
laugh.gif
i knew you'd get there with her!
grin.gif
Now we need to see you out and about eventing
grin.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif

helenandshadow

Visit site
Thanks everyone!! We still have a long way to go but she's definitely getting better! Very pleased with her!
laugh.gif
And yes we WILL be eventing once we crack the XC!!
grin.gif