dressage riders knowledge please

madeleine1

Visit site
im moving up to a novice test on sunday and i was wondering if ive got my medium trot right.

i was assuming it was just a normal working speed of trot if that makes sence but please correct me if im wrong.

madeleine1

Visit site
You need to think bigger, rather than faster steps and the horse needs to lengthen it's frame.

so medium trot is the same as a normal trot except bigger and smoother/longer? but no faster right i can do that

i usually ask her when schooling to change her trot to shorter or faster or slower or longer so i know we can do it its just i didnt no thats what we have to do.

i think i have the rest of the test sorted

Hels_Bells

Visit site
The way my trainer taught me to ride it is to sit a few strides before asking for medium really feel like you're saving up the energy so the horse has something to give then on the straight go rising and really push forwards with your hips, then be sure to sit again at the end to make the transition back to working clear. This seems to have worked well in our novice tests. Good luck!!

madeleine1

Visit site
The way my trainer taught me to ride it is to sit a few strides before asking for medium really feel like you're saving up the energy so the horse has something to give then on the straight go rising and really push forwards with your hips, then be sure to sit again at the end to make the transition back to working clear. This seems to have worked well in our novice tests. Good luck!!

ok ill try this in today practice xx

B-B

Visit site
You only new to show a few so dont power out of the corner and then fall in a heap the other side.

Come on to the diagonal, straighten, ride forwards and rise bigger/higher/longer, but you MUST keep the rhythm.

You only need to show about 3-4 strides. Then half halt back to working.

Good luck!