Dressage Saddle Recommendations.....

Parkranger

Visit site
Sure this has been done to death, but I'm hoping Santa will bring me a nice dressage saddle!

We're going back to basics on schooling and I think it would be good to get a nice saddle that's going to help me with my position and in turn help him.

I do have my eye on a second hand barnsby dressage saddle (the GP is sooooo comfy) but wondered if anyone could recommend any others?

Has to be black leather.....and like an armchair....!

x

Halfstep

Visit site
Second hand Albions are a good idea, if you can find one that fits. They are comfortable and very well made, and you can usually pick one up for around £700 or thereabouts. Only problem is that they are not adjustable! Not jumping on a band wagon, but have you thought about the Saddle Co?

x

Parkranger

Visit site
Who are they? Tell me more!

I've ridden in an Albion GP a few times and didn't think it was very comfortable.....is the dressage different?

Halfstep

Visit site
Lots of people on here have Saddle Co. saddles and they rave about them! I don't know much about them though, but I'm sure someone on here can tell you all about them.

Albion dressage saddles are great. They have a few different styles and models depending on whether you want a deep seat or a more close contact feel, but they are all lovely saddles!
x

Claireg9

Visit site
Saddle company saddles i beleive (But i will stand corrected) are non leather under the flaps etc and leather ontop, so it gives the appearance of leather at a cheaper price. But i have an Ideal saddle company saddle, close contact jumping one and its sooooooo comfy, the leather is superb quality and i had it made to measure too. The dressage saddles from Ideal are equally as nice and look very classy, plus my back lady reccomends them as they sit very kindly on the horses back.
It was the best money i ever spent!

Sparklet

Visit site
Ideal Jessica - a fabulous saddle which retails new for about £700 - virtually the same as a good second hand one. Love the suede seat too.

Tempi

Visit site
albion ultima slk - thats what ive got, its very expensive tho (£1800) but wel worth all the money - the tree can be changed to so it will fit any new horse i get and hopefully last me for a very very long time!

miamibear

Visit site
Ive got a Barnsby Richard Davidson and its lovely got very big external knee blocks but not sure if it fits new neddy, getting saddle fitter out soon.

I would get saddle fitter out to see what fits you and your horse not every make fits every horse or person, unless of course you are going for made to measure

dieseldog

Visit site
I bought a 2nd hand Prestige Appaloosa saddle on ebay for £150, I think you are better going for a named 2nd hand make, than a cheaper one brand new.

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
I can second albions. The dressage models are alot deeper and i think softer to sit in so more comfortable that the GPs I use to have an Albion Lux dressage which was soooo like an armchair it broke my heart to sell it.

I have now got an Albion selecta which is no where near as comfortable but miles ahead of the wintec i was using for jumping!

miller

Visit site
I've got the Davison Barnsby too and love it - like the Ultima to ride in too.

Had a Jessica before and was nice but nowhere as good at putting you in the right position as the more expensive saddles!

Are you anywhere near Burghley? OH got a fabby Kieffer Ulla Salzgeber on the Excellence tree last year brand new for £800 - retails at £1600 - was from, Ian McNeills - worth a look if you're close - Kieffers can be adjusted to fit too