dressage scores

ldlp111

Visit site
just wanted to say about people who moan about so called bad dressage scores like 35 etc i mean id be esctatic if i got below 40, but then i guess im a crap rider. thats all quite a pointless post really.
tongue.gif
grin.gif

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I guess it depends what you are sat on! My old PC horse I would have been ecstatic if under 40. I guess this is why I gave up eventing him and bought another horse. My current horse I get cross if over 35 as he can do an amazing test and is only let down by me. The one I am eventing this year can do a good test but its getting the ring craft and the right picture I am working on at the moment.

ldlp111

Visit site
pipsqueak1981 thats my aim too, done first test in a while other day and got 45.8 so quite good for me.

PnO

Visit site
I know what you mean! I went to my first event of the season last month and like you my aim was to get a sub 40 score. I got 38 and it wasn't his best test ever so I was v pleased!! My aim for the rest of the season is to keep my scores sub 40, i'd be estatic is we got 35 or something like that!
smile.gif

Kentisheventer

Visit site
Everyone has personal aims... mines 35 and if i get below 38 im disappointed; whereas ruth edge wants an 18!... its just a matter of how good you are, and not how displeased you are with a mark, which is good for other people but not yourself!

Pipsqueak 1981

Visit site
I'm very nearly there...got 40.5 last time BE, so just a few marks to go, I just need to convince the horse I ride that she can enjoy stressage just as much as her jumping!
grin.gif

worMy

www.katherinebegley.com
its all relative.

on belv (novice horse), i am very happy if its in 30's and STOCKED if its 35 or less.

on ross or rosie i would be v dissapointed if it was 35 or worse, as they are both v. good at dressage.

millitiger

Visit site
i think it depends on your horse and your aims- when i was eventing Pilfer anything higher than 32 was a disappointment but i had worked my socks off on his dressage and knew what he was capable of.

on a different horse sub 40 can be a great score- on some horses staying in the boards is a huge achievement!

ajf

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
on some horses staying in the boards is a huge achievement!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is a huge achievement especially with the freestyling bucks and not going within 2m of a white board
mad.gif
grin.gif