Dressage Sheets... what do you do with yours?

mainpower

Visit site
Two questions!

Firstly, can anyone recommend a folder/ring binder for the A3 dressage sheets? Haven't seen any in the usual stationary retailers.

And also, who keeps their old sheets? I have sheets going back nearly 40 years :eek: ... do you keep yours for ever or just those from your current ride(s)?

Thank-you! :)

3Beasties

Visit site
I've only just started competing but have kept all my sheets so far and intend to keep all my future ones. I keep them in an A4 folder, I hole punch the short side and then fold the surplus back over so that they fit into the folder. They are kept in date order within the level I competed and then I write the score on the front (which would have been the back when looking at the sheet normally) so that I can view them at a quick glance.

Sounds like I am an organised freak but I'm really not, I had the folder for weeks before I actually put anything in it, the sheets where just doted around my bedroom/house!

Nicnac

Visit site
I've kept all mine and my daughters. They're in a file in the filing cabinet but just put into a hanging file nothing posh. Do I ever look back over them? Nope :)

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Each of my horses have a folder and I have kept all the sheets. It is lovely to look back at them and see the progression from baby tests through to medium. I do find it upsetting looking at the records of horses I have lost though.

PolarSkye

Visit site
I have one horse . . . and I keep all of his stressage test sheets . . . it's really helpful to look at the progression . . . I have also kept the test sheets from when I rode other horses.

P

Lolo

Visit site
Al has a ringbinder where all her dressage sheets go, with a note at the top saying where it was and where they came, and if there was anything to note about the test (ie really odd marking/ scores). A3 sheets get folded up. Some sheets do just go in the bin though!

JustKickOn

Visit site
I keep all of mine, so I can retread comments again to remember what needed improving, especially if I am doing the same test or the same judge is judging my class.

There are a couple of judges in this area who have very different preferences, so I check what they said last time to avoid things they didn't like previously.

In terms of storage, I fold them up and put them in my bits and bobs box at the yard.

trakehnersrock!

Visit site
We have kept all my daughters' sheets right from the beginning, now onto second ring binder. We had a laugh a while ago looking through when we found one where I'd written in disgust "Judge should have gone to Specsavers!" lol

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Although I haven't competed for a while I keep all mine and I'm not sure I should admit this but I have a spreadsheet with all my scores including collectives and which judge was presiding. :eek:.

I keep mine in a filing case specifically for the horse with a random collection of other crap like old show numbers and qualification cards etc.

AdorableAlice

Visit site

I keep mine in a filing case specifically for the horse with a random collection of other crap like old show numbers and qualification cards etc.

You are not alone in keeping the crap. I have a briefcase hidden away now as the horse is retired. In it are his winnings invoices, his bridle numbers from hoys, all his numbers from the big shows, the lovely cards from championship classes and the horse and hound issues that mentioned him. Worthless but much treasured crap.

only_me

Visit site
I have a file where I keep mine, every test I have done on each horse goes into their own folder :) It is the one with poly pockets, so any rosettes also go in with the test sheet.

I also write little bits on top of sheet like where comp was, date, end result.

It is lovely and sometimes when feel frustrated with lack of progress I read through it and can see clearly how we have improved :)

But then I also have a few "memory boxes" where items like numbers from important shows go into! :D

mainpower

Visit site
Thanks for all your input, I'm having a major de-clutter drive at the moment, and sometimes it's hard to decide what to keep if you have hoarding tendencies....

dianchi

Visit site
You are not alone in keeping the crap. I have a briefcase hidden away now as the horse is retired. In it are his winnings invoices, his bridle numbers from hoys, all his numbers from the big shows, the lovely cards from championship classes and the horse and hound issues that mentioned him. Worthless but much treasured crap.

Don't worry You will need new ones for Ted and Alice!

Mine are all in a folder (that's full and I need a new one!)

Annagain

Visit site
I've kept all mine from Archie and Monty in a hanging file inthe cabinet. except for one or two with Archie that I never wanted to see again! I'm a bit sad that I never kept any of Ebony's but I was a kid then and didn't appreciate the memories they would bring in future (plus they were mostly rubbish!)

I look back at them every now and again and it takes me straight back to those days. I have quite a good memory and as I read them I can picture us doing the tests. Archie's first dressage when he spooked at the flower pots at A (Judge's comment - Does he suffer from hay fever?) his best tests, whcih were all in the same arena which no other horse seems to like, his last one when we scored a 1 for our entry (enter at A in working trot, X leap spin gallop to arena door) and I decided neither of us enjoyed doing it.

Then there are Monty's where I can see a lovely upwards progression in the scores - with the odd moment like the one where he bucked every time he went into canter - luckily in the one spot of the arena the judge couldn't see as the judging box was directly above C, quite high up so we won. He was very forward and excitable that day hence the bucking and good scores as he's normally a bit lazy.

Last edited:

confirmedponyaddict

Visit site
Ha, I only keep the good ones :eek: is that bad? Same with rosettes and numbers- I keep the ones from memorable shows but otherwise they go in the bin. I don't really do enough dressage to monitor my progress and I'm nearly always on something different.

Theocat

Visit site
I have a ring binder and file them by date order and test number. One day I will be able to look back at the progression - just as soon as we start to progress :p

kathantoinette

Visit site
I did my first dressage test in Jan this year and have done many more since. I keep them all in a ring binder with dividers labelled for each test. I do look back at them in the hope that I'll try not to repeat the errors!! :)

Spotsrock

Visit site
I've only just started competing but have kept all my sheets so far and intend to keep all my future ones. I keep them in an A4 folder, I hole punch the short side and then fold the surplus back over so that they fit into the folder. They are kept in date order within the level I competed and then I write the score on the front (which would have been the back when looking at the sheet normally) so that I can view them at a quick glance.

Sounds like I am an organised freak but I'm really not, I had the folder for weeks before I actually put anything in it, the sheets where just doted around my bedroom/house!

I do this! only just started dressage though and my boy is precious so I want to record every acheivement

LynH

Visit site
Keeping my sheets came in very handy when trying to prove to my insurance company that my horse's lameness was not an ongoing problem. They picked up on a one off lameness 5 yrs previous which was put down to bad shoeing but the insurance co tried to use it as an excuse not to pay out on a large claim. Having 5 yrs of dressage sheets between then and the lameness in question more than adequately proved the lameness had not been ongoing.

Nessa4

Visit site

Never mind - you can dig it out and start again with Ted and Alice!!!