Dressage Show Shirt - for without jacket

dressage_diva

Visit site
My local venue hold their dressage comps indoors all year round and I've heard that in this really hot weather, they're allowing riders to compete without their jackets (it's like a sauna in that arena even in spring).

Usually I wear a Caldene Walden Ladies 'shirt':
http://match.shared.hosting.zen.co.uk/ne...partno=WAN680WT

But this doesn't look much like a shirt, as it doesn't have any buttons or anything. Would this be acceptable to wear in hot weather without a jacket, or is it not traditional enough? At the moment, the one I have isn't completely white, but I'm going to buy another one anyways as I love them so much (so comfy to wear) so was going to get a white one. But if that's not suitable to compete in without a jacket then I'll find something else.

Thanks

Divasmum

Visit site
I think under BD rules when the judge says you don't need a jacket your shirt has to cover your shoulders. That is it can have a small capped sleeve but not be designed so you have completely bare shoulders. They don't have to be completely white.

Crazy_Caz

Visit site
Well I competed at a dressage show on Sat and the sun was blazing and we were required to wear jackets.... one lady who entered wearing only a show shirt was told after she had ridden that the judge was most displeased and that she should have asked the judge first out of courtesy if she could ride without a jacket...

It is good manners after all.....:)

dressage_diva

Visit site
Okies, so mixed opinions about whether it needs sleeves or not, but it doesn't matter if it doesnt have buttons then?

I just need another show shirt anyways, so want to have something that's suitable to wear without my jacket if the need ever arises!

qwertyuiop

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well I competed at a dressage show on Sat and the sun was blazing and we were required to wear jackets.... one lady who entered wearing only a show shirt was told after she had ridden that the judge was most displeased and that she should have asked the judge first out of courtesy if she could ride without a jacket...

It is good manners after all.....:)

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that if that had happened to me, I would have politely suggested that the judge go stick it up her a...

In fact, I might have been so fired up that I would have gone and inserted my jacket there and then!