Dressage shows at West Wilts?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Since moving, this venue has come within travelling range... looking at some BD shows coming up and haven't been there for years and years, since giving up eventing!

What's it like there? indoor/outdoors, big or small warm up etc? any info gratefully received :)

be positive

Visit site
The new outdoor is huge, decent surface and they have 2 arenas set up with a reasonable amount of space between them, working in is in part of the same area but not too close, it can be a bit busy at times if there are big entries but no worse than many places and better than a lot. They do run some indoors but tend to use the outdoor mainly.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
good stuff, thanks all
looking at the PSGs so they seem to be at the end of the day, hopefully be quiet by then :)

fabbydo

Visit site
Nice venue. Be aware that, like most good venues, they are insisting on horses being vaccinated within 6 months. I think this rule starts next week but just check on their website.

j1ffy

Visit site
good stuff, thanks all
looking at the PSGs so they seem to be at the end of the day, hopefully be quiet by then :)

I quite like West Wilts, it’s a bit closer now I’ve moved yards so may head there again soon. As per others have said - two arenas can be set up outdoors and another indoors. There are two warm-up arenas and a cafe.

When I went to help my old YO there, the AM and above classes were in the indoor and he-who-shan’t-be-named judged them - the one who doesn’t like horses that cost less than £20k. Just a heads-up!