Dressage to music- what's required at prelim?

eggs

Visit site
Looks about right. The important thing is not to do anything that is not required at prelim level.

dornrose

Visit site
Yes it's correct, I have ordered the sheet from BD and have checked it against that list. Hope he enjoys it, I can't wait for my first dtm class (none booked yet).

Parly

Visit site
Wish I knew what all this meant but I'm clueless about dressage so have no idea what kind of music you could use. If you give me an idea of beat and / or post a link to someone doing their routine to give me an idea I'll gladly throw out some suggestions :)

Parly

Visit site
Oh no hang on – you have to use specific music and can't just choose your own to the relevant moves and grooves? What a shame you could have loads of fun with that. :blue:

Julia0803

Visit site
Sorry for the very slow update!

They had a great time. It went well with room for improvement. They got 67.5% and came 5th out of 6th against some lovely looking tests and riders.

He did well throughout apart from the stretch in trot, which I'd misunderstood initially as he hadn't done a full 20m of trot stretch before, so he got a 4 for that but everything else 6-7.5, with a 7.5 for his choice of music!

We'll try again in September, now that we are a little bit more clued up on what's required.

Thanks for the advice ��

Julia0803

Visit site
Hi Parly, you can choose your own music. You have to choose a different piece for each gait and blend them together.