Dressage Today

EllieBeast

Visit site
Well, it was another stressage outing today - prelim 4 this time. we took my horse's field buddy and owner, who were not due on until an hour after my test.
i was really pleased with how Beastlet warmed up, again (as last week) supple, listening, bending etc. until about 10 mins before i was due in. X (- owner of els buddy) decided to bring him over (when he would happily have stood on the trailer, it wasnt hot at this time) to watch me warm up, cue the buddy neighing frantically at the sight of El, and sending her into a tense, stroppy mess. i asked x to take him away, and she did. however, there was no calming her down now, she is NOT a nappy horse usually, but today she was an urchin
mad.gif

went in to do test, she was pulling my shoulders out and being a general pain in the beehind throughout the test, not relaxing for me or at all enjoyable. so i thought that we had done terribly, and took ned back into the warmup to make her work as she should.
results up - ive only gone and come 4th
shocked.gif
apparently i masked her strength very well - as it wasnt noticed(chatted to judge afterwards), and she was working really nicely through her back, lovely outline bla bla bla. i suppose i was just too hung up on the fact that she was towing my arms out of their sockets to really feel how she was working.
oh well, smiles all round. next time i will just go on my own, or ask that fieldmate is kept out of sight at all times, as she was working even better before that incident!
Thanks for reading my random post.
Sarah xXx

EllieBeast

Visit site
thankyou! i thought that we had got over it, but she managed to find an excuse to use her strength against me again today! oh well, i do like a challenge
grin.gif

Sarah xXx